Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IanBolton
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Rotten Cable

Go to solution

When I had to take the master socket off the wall to decorate behind it, I noticed the cable coming into the house was in a bad way, all the insulation is falling off and rotten, how do i get the cable replaced as i think it may be affecting my broadband speed

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rotten Cable

Go to solution

does your phone work?  any line noise  try dialing 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

if any noise then report a phone fault just make sure there is nothing internal that could have caused the cable problem 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
IanBolton
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Firstly thanks for your help. There does not appear to be any noise on the line, if it was my cable i would replace it as the insulation is shot and just falling off, as i'm having the drive paved next year I would rather get it done now in case the front needs digging up to replace it, who would be the best people to talk to about getting it replaced

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

you would need to report a fault to your ISP (BT Retail) hence why I asked you to check if phone was ok and no noise on quiet line test.  as your phone is working ok then your broadband will also be ok and unless there is a fault I doubt openreach will replace the cable - openreach work on 'if it's not broke don't fix it'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.