cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 27

Re: SMS TEXT ON LANDLINE

Go to solution

Hi @jrn thanks for clarifying that, I mistook that the caller display was showing unavailable on all calls.  I think that puts my theory of it being a caller display issue out of the equation but if you send over your details anyway we'll be happy to take a look.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks.

Read the thread and tried contacting AQL. They say that they only convert texts to speech and this is a service provided at the request of the landline operator on a per call basis. So it comes back to why BT are requesting the conversion when they know we have caller display.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

Following another reply, I tried contacting AQL. They say that they only convert texts to speech and this is a service provided at the request of the landline operator on a per call basis. So it comes back to why BT are requesting the conversion when they know we have caller display.

What details do you want and can I send them privately?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

@jrn 

If you reply to the private message sent by @NeilO 

It will ask you some initial information. You will then be contacted by one of the team, once your request reaches the top of their queue.

I assume you are a BT Residential customer, and not a BT Business customer, as the team cannot deal with business customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

No private message received, as yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

@jrn wrote:

No private message received, as yet.

It should be automated, but it does go wrong sometimes. I will ask @NeilO  to send it again.

You should see it on this page https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

@jrn, sorry it should be with you now. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

I really thought that we were getting somewhere when you said that you would help but we have started going round every loop available again. Your colleague tried to get it sorted and failed. He then said that he would try again. I received a text message as speech to ask me to arrange for an engineer to call. So, I foolishly rang BT to organise it. The person I spoke to did not know why I was calling or what the problem was. We arranged an appointment for 8-1 on 6/2. I asked that it be noted that the engineer should bring a text enabled telephone with him/her. I was told that this was noted. The person I was dealing with said that we had a broadband problem - we do not. She then said we had a landline problem - we do not. I asked her if she knew what the fault was and she did not. She asked if we wanted an engineer to call and I said that it was BT that suggested it. 

She also said that if it is a text problem I should contact my mobile provider as BT do not do landline texts. Do these people get any product training?

Is it surprising that I was losing my temper? I know what will happen, the engineer will call, crawl about on the floor, scratch their head and then say they can find nothing to sort out. 

This has all the hallmarks of a software problem at BT with the text service not getting the message that we have caller display but no-one is prepared to admit it. No-one can explain why we get the 'no caller display message'.

This will be the third engineer visit. I presume we will get the usual threat of a charge if it is our fault. 

Please can some-one come up with a simple explanation of what is wrong?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

Can you access my latest message to NeilO?

Have you any idea what I can do next?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution

@jrn wrote:

Please can some-one come up with a simple explanation of what is wrong?

Unfortunately there will be no simple explanation as I suspect it will something complex and very time -consuming to track down. It will be of no consolation that it isn't a general fault as I have just send a text successfully to my home phone.

Not easy I know, but is it possible to borrow a text enabled phone from a neighbour/friend just to rule out your phone? Alternatively try your phone on a different line.

Edit: Just re-read your original post and realise you have already tried that.

0 Ratings