cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 47

Re: SMS Text - delivered as voice

Hi @stevetucknott,

The information that I gave you has been thoroughly investigated. I even spoke with one of our architects to make sure that all of the information I'm giving you is correct. I don't know the level of investigation that the Three chat adviser carried out. From BT's point of view, we are receiving your texts from Three as text-to-speech so the issue is not with us. I'm sorry that we cannot be of further assistance.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 32 of 47

@DanielS

It's not just the chat team - I have been in contact with ID (Three) over the same period as with BT. And Three have also escalated it to their 'tech team' and they are still adamant that it's not them. BUT like here, I have no proof. I am NOT allowed to talk to the BT or Three tech teams directly. All I get is the feedback from the 'third parties' - ie people like yourself - and they keep re-assauring me that the problem is not theirs but with the other party!

If you want I can publish the pages of transcript from ID (Three) where you can see the opinion isn't that of the chat team operative themselves but of the tech team they interact with (the same as you interact with your tech team).

BUT again, then both of you simply refuse to provide evidence of exactly what is happening - which would be possible if one or the other of you simply traced a text from my mobile to my landline.

Now do you understand how frustrating this is? So far if I had stopped investigating this at the first point someone from ID/BT was adamant - then with BT I would have accepted that the problem was my handset and with ID I would have belivede all texts are delivered as speech to BT landlines - as that was the response that I first got from BT/ID - and the people were adamant that they were right then. Were they right?

So to me - being stuck in the middle of all this - I don't see this as being fixed until I get a text from my mobile on my landline as text OR someone proves what is happening and proves that there is no other option but to deliver textr from Three as voice.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 33 of 47

@DanielS

This is driving me mad. Such a simple thing to prove if someone would just trace a text and PROVE who is at fault.

ID is adamant that Three do NOT use AQL - I quote from a chat today where the chat operative contacted Three duiring the chat:

'...You: Am I going mad? I know that Three provide your network. This has been an issue
with how Three deliver texts to landlines. You keep telling me it's not your issue - and I
keep telling you it's a problem with Three - hence why I keep making sure that you're
escalating this to Three. So I repeat (and you need to ask Three this) does Three have a
contract with AQL to provide text-to-speech services or not?
You: I can't talk to Three - I do not have a contract with Three - I have a contract with
ID. So you are my point of contact. If Three has an issue it needs to be passed to them
for them to resolve.
Shameega: Stephen, I am going to call Three directly to confirm this.
You: OK
Shameega: Thanks for being so patient. I'll be with you shortly.
Shameega: Stephen, it might take a while because they have high call volumes at the
moment.
Shameega: Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
You: ok
Shameega: Stephen, Three is investigating this on their end as well because they are not
aware of the AQL service.
You: What does that mean? Will you get back to me and let me know? And why on earth,
given that this issue was escalated to Three weeks ago, wasn't this checked before now?
You: How can you have been certain that the issue wasn't yours/Three's without actually
investigating what the problem was?
Shameega: Stephen, we investigated this with Three, we have advised there is nothingwe can do. According to the agents I spoke to, Three is not aware of the AQL system on
their end. They do not use this service, I am not sure who has given BT this information
but Three use their own system.

......'

How on earth as a customer stuck in the middle of all this dross can I resolve an issue where the only people who actually know who is at fault just point at each other and say '...it's not us...it's them...' (or in AQL's case refuse to say who passed them the text)? I have asked ID for a deadlock letter so I can get Ofcom involved. Why on earth is any of this necessary? Someone with a bit of technical nous from either side could actually prove what is happening in a few minutes. AQL traced texts live as I sent them.  So instead of just saying '...it's them..' someone at BT please , please prove it is actually Three, or do I need a deadlock letter from BT as well?

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 34 of 47

@DanielS

Any thoughts on how someone caught in the middle between two companies who insist the problem isn't theirs and that the fault lies with the other party - and when both companies refuse to trace a text that would prove who is at fault - can resolve this issue?

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 47

Hi @stevetucknott,

I am sorry that you aren’t happy with what I’ve told you. I’ve had it investigated and I’ve been told that the issue isn’t with BT. The texts from 3 are being received by BT as text-to-speech. That means that it has been changed before reaching us. You have already confirmed that you receive all other texts from other providers as text-to-text so our BT Text service is working.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 36 of 47

@DanielS

If I was happy with what BT  and Three told me, then as I say I would be blaming the handsets (that was BT's stand) and Three are blaming BT. BUT BUT BUT, irresepective of what Three and BT SAY, the service is still not working (ie texts from Three arrive as speech). So someone is to blame and it's not me.

What I don't follow is the inconsistency in this - you said '......I am sorry that you aren’t happy with what I’ve told you. I’ve had it investigated and I’ve been told that the issue isn’t with BT. The texts from 3 are being received by BT as text-to-speech. That means that it has been changed before reaching us. You have already confirmed that you receive all other texts from other providers as text-to-text so our BT Text service is working....'

But why are BT receiving the texcts at all? AQL are delivering the texts as speech NOT BT - so you seem to imply that Three ARE passing you the texts. How is that possible if Three are passing the texts to AQL? Do you not see my problem? You both say stuff that doesn't seem to hold water. Why, why, why can't you just trace a text and prove it one way or the other? If Three are passing the text to AQL for delivery as speech, then you should not see the text should you? BUT if you're passing the text to AQL, then it's in part down to you.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 47

Hi @stevetucknott,

"The texts from 3 are being received by BT as text-to-speech."

I'll explain what I meant by the above. The texts that you send from your own personal 3 mobile sim arrive on the BT network as speech, not text. 3 are sending the text to AQL who forward it on to us as speech. At no point does BT have any say in how the text is being received.

I know that you are frustrated but from a BT stand point there is nothing more we can do.

Take care and enjoy your day.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 38 of 47

@DanielS

You said '....I'll explain what I meant by the above. The texts that you send from your own personal 3 mobile sim arrive on the BT network as speech, not text. 3 are sending the text to AQL who forward it on to us as speech. At no point does BT have any say in how the text is being received.

I know that you are frustrated but from a BT stand point there is nothing more we can do.

Take care and enjoy your day....'

I'm not sure I follow that at all. What are you then doing with the 'speech' text that you receive from AQL?

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 47

That's ok @stevetucknott.

As we receive it as speech it's delivered to you as speech.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 40 of 47

You said '...As we receive it as speech it's delivered to you as speech....'

OK - but not using your text-to-speech system - as the speechified text comes from AQL? You presumably then just receive a 'normal' call for my landline from the 03333440000 AQL number?

So can you prove that? As Three are just as insistent that it is your problem? Isn't the only way to prove any of this is to trace a text? Surely that would be the sensible route? No equivocation - A passes the text (as text/speech) to B... B passes the text (as text/speech) to... ...  Why is this so difficult to do?

0 Ratings