cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 47

Re: SMS Text - delivered as voice

Hi Steve,

I am afraid there is nothing further BT can offer here.  The relevant team within BT did investigate this problem with the intention of fixing this issue if it was within our power to do so.  After the investigation they confirmed the issue does not lie with us but rather 3/AQL.  There is nothing further we can do to find the solution you are seeking.

I appreciate that you appear to be caught in the middle and I am very sorry for the frustration that this is causing, however from a BT stand point there is nothing we can do to resolve this issue. I can assure you that if there was something we could do, we would have done it.

There is nothing further I can add at this point.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 42 of 47

@DanielS

If this were you Daniel, what would you be doing? Both parties says it's the other's fault - and both simply refuse to provide any actual evidence that it's indeed not their fault.

You say '..... I can assure you that if there was something we could do, we would have done it...' but you then refuse to provide a trace of the text that would prove what you're saying is true. Is it me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 43 of 47

@DanielS

Not sure what a customer is supposed to do here.

Tried talking to Three via Resolva and after days of bouncing posts like the ones here around, the issue was escalated to a 'manager' and I recently received this reply from a Three manager:

'...Unfortunately we are unable to do anything regarding your concern and you'll need to contact BT Technical team to resolve your issue....'

So I have tried to get the Ombudsman involved - but that becomes a problem as they focus on the supplier who is at fault/has the issue. But who is it? AQL? BT? ID? Three? But at least they're looking at the issue.

Given that not one of the parties involved will provide any proof (ie a text trace) that it's not them - then this just appears to be doomed to go round in circles.

This has been going on since the 5th November. Two months plus. For something that will take someone a few minutes to resolve. Frustrating as hell.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 44 of 47

@DanielS

Further response from Three. I quote:

'....Mr Tucknott, we do not have a contract with AQL or any other 3rd parties as we do have our own accessibility services team, where we do give services for disabled customer. ......'

Can I again respectfully ask for BT to provide a trace of a text from the Three network to my landline number to prove who is passing the text to AQL?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 47

Hmm, that seems to contradict with what AQL said to you as reported in message 17.

If you can get AQL to confirm they have a contract with Three it would at least prove that Three are being economical with the truth.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 46 of 47

@licquorice

AQL won't say who their contract is with. I have asked that question time and time again. I have even asked AQL to not tell me who the contract is with, but instead to contact that company quoting my phone numbers and telling them they have a problem. But they won't do that either. And unless AQL aren't being entirely honest (and maybe they are performing the destination eligibility check - who knows?), then it's not their problem is it? AQL have been the only party so far who said '...yes... we can see your texts in the system. ..' and took the time to trace and check the text's status. Took them a few minutes.

It's fine for BT to say that Three contracted AQL in 2009 - but that is nearly 10 years ago. What has happened in that period? Could Three have cancelled that contract? Could BT have taken out a contract? What is pee'ing me off more than anything, is that a simple trace would prove where the messages are going - but instead of doing that and proving where the decision is made to deliver as speech - both parties just point at each other. And given that it's not me that's making the decision, one of them is obviously not quite telling the truth.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 47

Hi @stevetucknott,

I completely get your frustration and I am sorry we couldn’t help but I am not sure what else we can tell you.

When you send a message from Three, it will be delivered to AQL who then forward it on to your BT landline.  You have previously stated that AQL have confirmed that the message has been flagged as voice prior to it getting to them, and this is before the stage that it reaches BT. 

AQL uses the same technical standard to deliver text messages to fixed lines as the BT Text Gateway.   Hence, if you configure your handset to use the ‘Receive Text Centre number’ supplied via AQL, Three text messages should be received as text.

If you are confident that your handset has been configured correctly to use AQL’s Receive Text Centre number, then it will be up to ID/Three to answer the question as to why they are delivery your text, as speech to AQL.”

We are confident that this issue is not related to BT and as this is the case we can offer no further support. As we can't offer any further help I am going to lock the thread.  I genuinely hope that you get a satisfactory answer to your question.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings