cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 1 of 33

SMS Text - delivered as voice

I have recently rejoined BT. I was with BT a couple of years ago and had SMS texting working fine from my landline (and am still using the same handsets with the same config)

When I rejoined recently, BT sent me text messages to my landline that I received perfectly OK as text.

I can send text from the landline ok and it appears that I cen received texts from landlines ok (I have texted from the landline to itself and it comes through fine), BUT, if I text from my mobile to the landline the text gets delivered via voice.

I simply want all texts to be delivered as texts, irrespective of their source.

I have tried the stuff suggested online (I have 'registered' the phone via 00000 and also done a reset - and it acknowledges the reset to the phone ok) but still get texts from my mobile as voice.

Any ideas (that wouldn't make a vicar blush)?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
32 REPLIES
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: SMS Text - delivered as voice

... The handset is a Panasonic KX-TG8222EW .. and as I said was working fine in all cases two years or so back
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 3 of 33

...just re-tried re-registering. So texted register to 00000. Grand - got a text back saying reset (?) ok and that I could now send and receive texts and also points me to a BT site (phrase is '...details online at...) - www.bt.com/bttext - but, that site doesn't exist.

I take it that BT text isn't that well supported, as I've now seen various posts like mine. Some saying that the text service changed when other 'features' changed at BT, some with issue like mine that mobile texts come are delivered as voice.

Who owns this part of the service?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Probably no consolation to learn that it works fine for me on a Panasonic (can't remember the model)

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 5 of 33

Used to work in all cases for me - or should I say that it worked as far as I knew. But googling this issue I came across people with similar problem depending on the mobile network sending the message. I'm with ID Mobile - so 3 network. So maybe the issue is in the interfece between the mobile network and BT's delivery system?
(I read this from 2014 - https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/BT-Text-fault-STILL-not-working-correctly-3rd-report-called-in/...)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

Quite possibly, I'm with Tesco (O2)

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Right - can I then text you and you text me from mobile to landline? As if your text gets through and moine to you goes via voice, then it points to 3 (or should I say the interface with 3) as the issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

I think it would be preferable if you got somebody you knew on a different network to do that.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

If I knew people who still used landline and had a text enabled phone and were with BT I would!

Do you know if this forum have BT personnel monitoring it? As all I need is some phone somewhere that has BT text enabled that I can send a message to from my mobile.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 33

I would have thought you can try the different network mobile to your landline easily enough though.

The mods do monitor the posts but probably won't be in a postion of having a text enabled landline to call.

0 Ratings