cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: SMS Text - delivered as voice

Go to solution

@stevetucknott I haven't been deliberately ignoring you, the moderators work in shifts and I haven't been on the community when you were posting after my initial response. This is not something we would be able to check personally but we could raise a fault with BT Operate an get them to check the service.

I can't offer any guarantees that this can be resolved if it is not a BT issue but we can get it checked if you send over your details on the click here to contact the mods link. You'll see that if you click my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

Go to solution

@NeilOOK I have filled out the contact form and got issue **Edited**

I don't think that I am necessairly expecting you to fix the problem BUT I would expect you to be able to prove that the problem then isn't yours so I can continue to chase the issue elsewhere. Obviously if you are passing the data to AQL for them to deliver via their text-to-speech service (tel no 03333440000) and you are making that decision (ie that for some reason the text has to be delivered as speech), then I would expect you to fix the issue.

Please note though - I do not think that this is a line issue - so checking the line and confirming it's working isn't beneficial. I would guess that there's a software interface somewhere that is checking a database to see how the text should be delivered. I would guess that it is that area that has the problem with texts from the Three network.

If you need test texts from Three, let me know. I will send one this morning again anyway. So there will be a text from Three to the landline dated today (with a message of "Thursday 29th").

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @stevetucknott,

Thanks for taking the time to complete our web form. 

Can you follow the advice below and then try text your landline from your 3 mobile to see if it comes through?

How do I switch the Voice Text feature with BT Text on or off?

If you don't want to receive Voice Texts type *1# and send to 00000. If you want to be able to receive Voice Texts type #1# and send to 00000.

Let me know how you get on please.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielS,

I have tried all the suggestions on your web site.  Can you not simply trace a test text and see if it hits your system? There doesn't appear to be an issue with the landline receiving texts - as you (BT) sent me texts saying the service was active and I can text from the landline to the landline ok and I can receive texts from other sources (IE EE, Vodaphone) just not from Three (ID).

The text-to-speech service is coming through from 03333440000 (AQL - who provide text-to-speech and other telephony services). They have their own method (another 03 number) for stopping text-to-voice. But the issue is which of you (BT or Three) is passing the message to AQL for delivery as voice.

PS *1# to 00000 still lets Three texts through as voice.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks @stevetucknott,

This isn't something that an adviser can check within BT. I am reaching out to some people that may be able to test it.

As soon as they get back to me I will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielS

OK - another tack may be to simply contact AQL. I tried and they were very helpful - they traced my messages in their system within minutes, but for confidentiality reasons they could not say which of you (BT or Three) were passing them the message. Given that googling AQL and BT shows that you appear to deal with AQL (as does googline AQL and Three) - can't you simply ask them if they receive the texts from you (BT)?

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielS

Is there any news on this? Have AQL been contacted or are you able to trace  a text from my mobile to my landline to see what is happening?

Regards,

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @stevetucknott,

Continuing from my private messages to you, yes I have had an update Smiley Very Happy

Until April/May 2009, text messages to BT land lines sent from Three mobiles were routed to the BT Text gateway and delivered to the landline by BT.  Since April/May 2009, Three have been routing text messages to BT fixed-line numbers via a third-party company called AQL Ltd. This means that the BT Fixed-Line Text Gateway capability is not involved in handling text messages originating from the Three network destined for BT fixed-line numbers. Consequently, delivery of text messages as text and as text-to-speech by Three and/or AQL is therefore outside of BT’s responsibility.

Please contact 3/AQL for how to configure a BT text phone to receive messages from AQL.

As AQL uses a different receive message centre number from BT (03333440000 in place of 0800587529), the same phone (which usually has a single message centre number) cannot therefore receive text messages from Three and other operators without reconfiguration.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

@DanielS

Thanks for that reply. Can I still ask for the text to be traced? The issue is twofold:

1) AQL tell me that the text is already flagged as delivery via speech before it hts their service. IE AQL are NOT flagging the message as delivery via speech - they are simply being told to deliver the text as speech.

2) ID (so far not Three directly) insist that they do not deal with AQL. I quote from a chat session with ID:

'I can confirm that we do not use any 3rd party companies to pass on a message.
When we send a text message, it comes directly from our network to you, without any
interference and can confirm that we are not able at all to trace a text messages that are
sent by a 3rd party company as we do not have the facilities.'

So without 'proof' - where do I go? I can fully appreciate that I am asking for negative proof - but if someone at BT can trace 'other' texts to my landline ok, but then do not 'see' texts from the Three network, then I'm happy that that is actual proof. Does that make sense?

Also, my handset has two configurable message centre numbers. Both were factory configured into the phones. Both appear to be set to 'BT'  numbers (ie 1470 pause pause 17094009 and 0800587529) - presumably the two numbers are for send and receive? What I'm getting at is does SMS to/from landline require two message centre numbers per network or do I then have a spare message centre number I can use for Three (if I need a different number for them).

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

...PS why is this thread now flagged with the 'solved(?)' tick?... If I have done it inadvertantly then can it please be reset to 'unsolved' until I start getting texts from Three as text or Three indeeed accept the problem as theirs?

See above. I would sincerely appreciate negative proof - ie '...we've traced the text you sent from your landline to your landline ok at 10pm this morning, but we never received  the text sent at 11pm from your mobile into our network at all...' - as that way I can categorically say to Three it's them. Otherwise, there may still potentially be an issue with the change-over that occurred in 2009 and you've got a legacy bug in your system couldn't there?

0 Ratings