Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ellastonepaul
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

SMS Texts by landline

BT Anytime allows you 200 "free" texts per month.  OK, I can do this with my phone, but entering the text is incrediby tedious!

Is there a way I can do it thro my PC.  I have found a Microsoft programme SMS Sender (for XP only) that allows you to send texts via a Mobile.  Presumably it could be used to send by landline is you know the Gateway code (?18001)  Also what is the setup to use as far as modem is concerned?

Any advice would be  appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: SMS Texts by landline

Hi ellastonepaul

No the free texts can only be used through your handset.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stuart73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: SMS Texts by landline

I Received a BT voice text message on my landline but inadvertently disabled the service. It gave me a number to reactivate it, but I must have the wrong number as it did not work (There is a fault).
Please can meone tell me the correct number to use? My pjone is a standard onewith no tect or send buttons
Thanks

0 Ratings