cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

SO FRUSTRATED WITH BT WANT TO CANCEL

I logged a fault with bt on 28-11-2012. Loud crackling noise unable to hear anyone so unable to make or receive calls. I had to go to my sisters home to contact bt to find out about the progress of the fault. Kept getting told that they were resolving it. I had called them numerous times for a week to be told a pole needed to be replaced which I said ok. 4 days later they came to replace the pole and still the problem was not fixed. Now I had no dial tone, I thought it might just take another day for them to connect the line so 2 days later I contacted bt again as it was still not working. I was told they were still working on it. 3 days later and still no phone I contacted them again and was told don't worry we are working on the problem now ( which I knew was a lie as the line was outside my home). I asked to be contacted with an update to my mobile as now I was annoyed having to go to other peoples houses to ring bt. I didn't get any call back so 3 days later I got in contact and was told someone would have it resolved soon. Bt engineer came and fixed the problem. I was told that I would be compensated for my trouble on my next bill. My phone calls were diverted to my mobile about 5 days after fault was reported and was told that this would be free. My bill has come and not only was I not compensated I have been charged for calling my mobile (the 1 that my calls were diverted to) 39 times between 2 Dec and 16 Dec which is impossible as phone line was not fixed until 18 Dec. I contacted bt today and after spending 1 hr being passed from 1 person to another and asked the same questions over and over again and not getting anywhere I  had enough and just wanted to cancel my bt account as I was now in tears with frustration. I now was transferred to a very nice gent who explained that as I was still in contract I would get charged for doing this. I have tried to send a complain online to bt but when I go to the complaints page it is telling me to call them which I now refuse to do. I am really disappointed with the way I have been treated by bt. What do I do next

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: SO FRUSTRATED WITH BT WANT TO CANCEL

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

Message 3 of 3

Re: SO FRUSTRATED WITH BT WANT TO CANCEL

Thanks I did that
0 Ratings