cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerryAnneG9
Message 1 of 6

Scam phone call

SCAM.
At 8.30am this morning an automated voice called me and said they were from BT.
"This is being re directed from BT your phone and internet will be cut off this afternoon. To talk to BT press 2"
I then hung up.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?
Does anybody have a link to where I report this to BT? Thank you.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Scam phone call

there are numerous posts just like yours already on the forum

report here https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Report-a-Scam-call/m-p/1901810#M61657%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KerryAnneG9
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I have reported it. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Niasdragon
Message 4 of 6

This is a well known scam. If you have the number you were calle from you can report it on bt.com/scams . you might also want to get call protect on your phone line . You can order this through your MY BT. It helps you to bar numbers that you dont want to contact you in future by calling 1572 and then selecting option 1

KerryAnneG9
Message 5 of 6

Oh, thank you for the heads up!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@KerryAnneG9wrote:
Oh, thank you for the heads up!

Please be aware that the scammers change the called from number (they use VoIP systems and spoof the number), so Call Protect is frankly of little use in the general case. Don't expect it to trap all the calls, as it will not.

0 Ratings