cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Service provider address for landline ( Openreach ?)

For the last year I have not been able to do any online upgrades for my BT services as there is a conflict of addresses on the systems. On 4 occasions BT staff have confirmed they have corrected the BT systems to the right address and postcode. But when I try the upgrades online there is always a postcode conflict which prevents me using the system. I've just upgraded to BT TV and I think this conflict is also impacting on my online use of the systems. Even if this is not the case I want to finally sort out the postcode conflict.  The phone  number I have was set-up 5 years ago and when set-up the wrong postcode was used; the difference is only one letter at the end of the postcode (a R used instead of S). So I think the Openreach record may be slightly wrong - I was hoping a BT representative on this forum could check the Openreach records and correct the address.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Service provider address for landline ( Openreach ?)

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Hi @redalien Welcome to the community, we'll be happy to help get your address details corrected on the Openreach database. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @redalien  I called earlier; sorry I missed you. The address records have now been updated. Would you try now to place your order online and let me know how you get on. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
redalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

John , 

the order options appear to be available online - which is an improvement but there appears to be something wrong when I try a TV upgrade as it assumes I want the essential package although I already have 4K. I do not have a specific order at this point as I'm trying to sort out my recently placed order which still has issues. Neil told me ( on Monday)  it would take  up to 10 days for the Openreach database to be corrected -are you telling me that database is now correct ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi @redalien  yes the address records have now been changed to your correct address. Not sure why it is not picking up you are already on the 4K package.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @redalien  I called earlier and left a brief message; sorry I missed you. I can confirm that the address records are now correct. I wanted to check if you are still experiencing a problem placing your order and also if you are still getting the err on the BT Player from your other Thread

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
redalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

I'm still getting the WJ999 error on BT player  on pc & mac - also the BT app ( on iPhone)  does not appear to show all MAX 4k channels ( my subscription)  - I appreciate I cannot get the BT sport ultimate channel on the app but I thought all other channels in my subscription would show -it is as if I only have the basic subscription on the app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi @redalien  thanks for the update. Hers is a list of the channels available on the App 

Would you try again to login and see if you are getting the WJ999 error and let me know how you get on. If you can get logged in please let me know the time you tried so that the BT TV team can check for the logs at that time.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
redalien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

I've just tried this again and still getting the same problem - this was 22.18 pm 

0 Ratings