cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Should BT be looking after the national interest & suspend sales and move all staff to fault lines

Should BT be looking after the national interest & suspend sales and move all sale staff to fault reporting?

BT is part of the UK Critical infrastructure and at this of COVID-19 last week BT still had staff dedicated to sales and not fault reporting.

What do you see BT’s role in COVID-19?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Should BT be looking after the national interest & suspend sales and move all staff to fault

Are you talking about BT retail and if so why are you not including every ISP in your questions or have you posed the same question on all the other ISPs forums?

Are you aware or not if BT retail have redeployed its staff or are you making assumptions?

Are you saying that BT, which is a private company, should be taken over and told what it should be doing with its staff and if so who should take it over and decide how this should be done and if so is this to be this be applied to all ISPs? 

Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Should BT be looking after the national interest & suspend sales and move all staff to fault

@ContingencyQuestionwrote:

Should BT be looking after the national interest & suspend sales and move all sale staff to fault reporting?

BT is part of the UK Critical infrastructure and at this of COVID-19 last week BT still had staff dedicated to sales and not fault reporting. Incorrect, BT retail is not covered by the Act, BT retail,Sky, EE, TalkTalk, Vodafone et al, are all customers of Openreach, from whom they pay rent to use the infrastructure.

What do you see BT’s role in COVID-19? If your asking what they are to do, then the same as any other PRIVATE company and thats look after there staff and try to provide a service as far as reasonably practical

Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

You can’t just move them onto faulting. They would need to go through the Repair Helpdesk Training to learn how to use the IT Systems, Testing and Diagnostics. It’s class room based training and lasts 3-4 weeks. 

To have groups of 15-20 people all in one training room would go against the Social Distancing Rules.

Also there’s the other aspects you would never consider. Not every IT System BT uses belongs to them and they may have to pay for Licenses for each user. Therefore they’d have to pay for and have different types of IT Software installed on hundreds if not thousands of different computers, which would take time.

Also there’s the Call Routing Platforms, again all this would need to be changed and altered which takes time and resources they probably don’t have at the minute.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Prior to this thread being heavily edited, I think you were well aware of some of the forum users views on your previous  answers to searching questions and about your motivation and who you represent so unless you care to answer them again I don't think there is much point in your thread going any further.

Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@gg30340wrote:

Prior to this thread being heavily edited, I think you were well aware of some of the forum users views on your previous  answers to searching questions and about your motivation and who you represent so unless you care to answer them again I don't think there is much point in your thread going any further.

Indeed. I note my post was one that had been removed, probably deserved it. Apologies to the forum moderators for my mixture of anger and frustration posted late last night.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

No need to apologies in my opinion. It was well justified given the response from the OP.