cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stk0708
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Sitting and counting £8 per day since they cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours line,

Two lunatics cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours line.Right away I went out and asked what happened.
They confirmed "yes, sorry mate we had to cut your off, give us two secs and we will connect you again".

They must be good at physics in Einstein's theory of relativity of time as their 2 secs turned out  to be  10 days for me.

By this post I was going to complain about no lack of response from BT Support, support line consultants who does speak English and more but when I saw posts like "2 years of landline fault" and others I fell quite happy  that I have only 6 months of my contract left.
So now I am sitting and counting £8 of compensation for every day that the service has been not repaired .

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Sitting and counting £8 per day since they cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours li

presumably it was openreach engineer who cut your phone cable and they could have been working for any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: Sitting and counting £8 per day since they cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours li

@stk0708 

I assume you have reported this, and have an open fault number, and are not just relying on what Openreach or their sub-contractor said, otherwise you could not claim any compensation?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Presumably you have reported the fault to BT because if you have not I wouldn't count on getting any compensation.

They can only have customer faults repaired when they have been told there is a fault.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64051/~/automatic-compensation

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

10 days seems rather a long time for a repair, I would not be surprised that those working on the fault, did not report their mistake.

They could have been working on a fault for a different provider, so they would not have known your number and what provider you were with, as they would not have access to that information.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Re: Sitting and counting £8 per day since they cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours ...

Hi @stk0708 thanks for posting, I'm really sorry the fault with your line is taking such a long time to repair. I've sent you a private message with details on how you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to find out what's happening.

0 Ratings
stk0708
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

They have been repairing my neighbours BT line.
Just asked neighbour  how long did it take and it was almost a whole month 😕

0 Ratings
stk0708
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Sure, I have reported it. 
But the most irritating thing was that I spoke to them right away when it happened  and they said "Yes we know, we cut your out, we are going to fix it in 2 seconds" but they just did not.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

If you have contacted the moderators, then leave it to them to sort it out for you.

0 Ratings
stk0708
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Re: Sitting and counting £8 per day since they cut my line down when trying to fix my neighbours ...

Thank you Neil for your reply but I am not able to reply to your private message as I do not have Reply option at 

• BT Community Private Messages 🤔

When I tried to send your message directly I have got message saying :
    You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

0 Ratings