cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwilliamson
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Sky Porting Issue Driving Me Crazy

I recently procured a business solution from BT for my customer. We moved from BT residential to BT business. We took 2 broadband lines and a cloud voice system. We tried to port the business number from Sky (Sky only have residential numbers) it held the supply of the cloud voice system up for over 2 weeks because the number could not be ported.

We decided that we needed to get the phones urgently because the new shop had opened and we asked for the number to be redirected to a mobile phone, so we pulled the requested port temporarily and got the cloud voice system installed. We now have the business number directed to the cloud voice system by means of a redirect.

We are now experiencing the same issue with porting the number, we have been asked to supply a cupid id and Sky dont know what we are talking about. BT have tried today to port the number again and are getting rejeted requests reason 0032-porting request out of current scope for geographic number portability.

Surely this should not be this difficult, has anybody got any success stories or a solution ? this has been going on for over 4 weeks now.

Regards

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky Porting Issue Driving Me Crazy

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
dwilliamson
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I am not personally a business customer my client is. Is this a business account related issue or residential ? BT business have told me that because the SKY account is a residential account we may have to move it to BT residential first. I cant register on BT business forum without using my clients details.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@dwilliamson wrote:
I am not personally a business customer my client is. Is this a business account related issue or residential ? BT business have told me that because the SKY account is a residential account we may have to move it to BT residential first. I cant register on BT business forum without using my clients details.

I think that you may have to register on the BT Business forum, with your clients permission.

I cannot see any reason why a number cannot be ported direct from Sky, to a BT Business account, provided the phone number exists on the local BT Exchange.

Sky are an LLU (Local Line Unbundling) provider. They simply rent the copper line from Openreach, and connect their own equipment to it.

When you leave Sky, the line is released back to Openreach, and the Sky equipment is disconnected.

The line would then be free for Openreach to provide service for BT Business.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings