cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Someone cancelled my landline and broadband and BT does nothing about it

By has also cancelled my landline and broadband as from today. Mad mad mad mad beyond beleave. By state they sent me a e mail 2 weeks ago......i missed it. Also say they sent a text and a letter....that is a lie,I have NEVER received that. Spe.d over an hour last night and becoming very upset with that situation,by would do nothing. They couldn't even tell me who had taken over my number.......or lets say a definate wouldn't. I can not beleave after over 2p years custom with by......J am treated like this. There only reply was I must call back tomorrow and they will set me up with a new contract. T
Surely this is fraud or a massive mistake by BT. But No,BT will except zero blame and can do nothing to stop this. Discusted with the company

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Someone cancelled my landline and broadband and BT does nothing about it

I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff) to look into this for you and they will post contact info here later this morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Re: Someone cancelled my landline and broadband and BT does nothing about it

Hi @RedRose1819454 Very sorry that your line and broadband have been disconnected in error. 

You mentioned that you were to callback tomorrow and they will place and order to get your services up and running again. As I know that this is an urgent request, and we are very busy at the moment, please contact the Order Complaints Livechat and they will be able to provide immediate assistance and keep the thread updated with your progress.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

I hope you get to the bottom of this and find out exactly how this could have happened and which company took over the line etc. That should be very, very easy to find out.

To redrose, did you receive anything in the way of calls from a phone company pretending to be BT recently, that you may have agreed to a new contract?

Does your phone work at all? In other words what happens when you try to make a call from it, and equally what happens if the number is called?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your reply. The landline itself was not disconnected. It turned out to be BT business that have attempted to take over my broardband. But without my name and now i have NO service. Was promised a call back and update saturday by a manager at Truro office called James Onslow and as expected didnt get one. This has gone to complaints and i will definitely be raising a seperate complaint for a number of individuals that have been dealing with this mess. Each of which have either spoken to me in a manner unfit, promised a call back and have not done so or said things over the phone about covering my O2 bill that later was told was untrue. All recorded I beleave. Still no further in getting anything resolved apart from BT not excepting fault that because I did not receive a text or letter. I never contacted to stop this whole hassle of broadband being cancelled. What if I had been in hospital or on holiday. Would BT just cancel everything then anyway. This must be wrong. so much for treating your loyal customers properly. Disgusted and apauled
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

@RedRose1819454 I'm really sorry you were not called back as agreed, if you use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thanks again for your reply. How is it you are able to reply and have the decency to keep this conversation going and care about this on going situation. When twice now,i have been told I would get a call back from a manager and they have failed on both occasions. First occasion of being promised a manager would call me was this friday just gone. I was contacted by a sales guy/new contract person who tried to get me to sign up to the 18 months contract........having just had my last contract cancelled!! This guy firstly offered me a price of 34.99,I laughed and told him I could get it for 29.99 on line myself. He suddenly dropped his price,I think he thought I had just come over in a banana boat,or perhaps I was a vaunreble person who could be tricked on the phone to pay more and be taken advantage of or just perhaps I was very thick. I am not any of the above and directly asked to have a manager call me. This sales guy also agreed that I would get a payment towards my o2 bill as will have to increase my data now. To allow my childre to dp there homwork from online school websites;seeing as BT have did connected my broadband. The time was arranged for 4 pm on Friday. Guess what.....NO call. I will be requesting a proper trusted manager listens to that conversation and that he is 're trained and taught to treat every customer with the greatest respect. I called again Friday evening,after no Managers call. This time I got through to a lovely genuine caring guy,who tried his best to word his conversation in a way it made me feel that my situation was important and that he actually wanted to help. After looking into different routes he could help,I again asked for a manager. Was told a call back would happen Saturday.........It's now Sunday evening 7.41pm. I even went through how important being kept updated was and that i needed him to see this through to the end now. All agreed and no contact,no update;no call;no CARE at all.. Will a manager please call me;go through this hole mess
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

20 years plus of loyalty from a customer and treated in this manner. Completely disgusted by BT
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Ranting now I realise,but I feel like ranting alot. Cut off from broardband from Friday am. It's now Sunday. Kids at home that need internet for there homework and coming days exams and GCSEs. NO internet. If finally BT pulls there finger out and get ne set up on a reasonably priced contract......After all these faiked managers call,my time waisted calling back in,mis information regarding facts I have been told etc.....It will still take at least 10-14 days to get me connected up and broadband back up and running. Some serious mistake have happened and BT must except they have got it wrong this time. At least I have all the conversations recorded my end as well as BT record them too
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Have you taken up the moderator invite?

They are the ones to help in this situation.

0 Ratings