cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Still getting noise on line, intermittent fault, two engineers have tried. What next?

until you get the intermittent line noise resolve your connection will not improve you just need to persist with getting engineers out until it is resolved
0 Ratings
Semajal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: Still getting noise on line, intermittent fault, two engineers have tried. What next?

Phoned BT again, I think more "tests" are going to be done and hopefully something might happen, said it would be good to get the phsyical line swapped over. Stats from my ISP are 16 disconnects in the last 24 hours, running at 5mbit down 300K up for stability. 

0 Ratings
Semajal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

As an update, I finally got another engineer out who could go to the exchange, after once again testing everything at my end he found a damaged wire in the exchange that was causing the problem and fixed it. Everything now is fine, with good clear line for phone and internet. It could have saved a lot of time and money if the origional engineer could have just checked that though (all 3 seemed to be BT openreach engineers, but the last one had come out at the request of the ISP) 

0 Ratings
Semajal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

So for anyone getting issues like this, with no fault found but a persistant random issue, chances are it is going to be the exchange end. 

0 Ratings
Incognito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

not really, all sorts of faults cause noise and not all affect bb. not all engineers have the same experience. intermittent noise can be tricky to find as there can be many connections on a single line from exchange to socket as well as in the exchange itself.
0 Ratings