cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Stopped Landline unable to be ported

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Trying to get some help, as I've been going around in circles for a few weeks now between Sky and Virgin

My mum had a telephone number that was due to be ported to my Virgin Media account, however they advised that the number is no longer in service, as my mum cancelled her sky contract (where the number was ported over to previously).

I would like her to be able to use that number, as she is elderly and has a lot of her contact details attached to that number

The telephone number is 015827*****

Reading some of the other posts have been an absolute life saver, as I now know that my Phone Line should be back with BT, and I realised that I may have to get my service with BT again, which I am fine to do

Can anyone help?

Thank you so much in advance

Yousuf

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Stopped Landline unable to be ported

Go to solution

Was the number initially issued to your mother from BT and is she still at same address?

there is nothing this forum or BT can do to help as you are not a BT customer. You would need to move to BT Retail and after your connection is active then you can ask for number back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

That is correct, and she is still at the same address. The number is about 30 years old I think

I did get a contract out today, as I believe I may need to ask for a renumbering request? Is that correct?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Yucchie wrote:

That is correct, and she is still at the same address. The number is about 30 years old I think

I did get a contract out today, as I believe I may need to ask for a renumbering request? Is that correct?

Thank you

Once the line is working with BT Retail, on a new number, then you can ask BT customer services for a renumber back to her original number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you all

Everything is now aok

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

0 Ratings