cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Sudden increase in 'nuisance' calls

I have been with BT for a long time, and had the same landline number for the past 20 years with, fortunately, very few nuisance calls.  However, since renewing my landline and broadband contract I have been receiving up to 6 'nuisance' calls a day from constantly changing virtual VoIP numbers - a relatively small number compared with some people,  I know.  I can deal with the calls, but is it too much of a coincidence that the frequency of these calls has increased significantly since I renewed my contracts ? Are BT 'leaking' customer data ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sudden increase in 'nuisance' calls

It's almost certainly just coincidence. We have had the same landline number for many years and we sometimes go for months without getting a single scam call and then we get a spate of them for a week or two and then it all goes quiet again.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@CharlieMwrote:

I have been with BT for a long time, and had the same landline number for the past 20 years with, fortunately, very few nuisance calls.  However, since renewing my landline and broadband contract I have been receiving up to 6 'nuisance' calls a day from constantly changing virtual VoIP numbers - a relatively small number compared with some people,  I know.  I can deal with the calls, but is it too much of a coincidence that the frequency of these calls has increased significantly since I renewed my contracts ? Are BT 'leaking' customer data ?

Hi @CharlieM ,

Does not answer your question, and it will not stop VOIP calls, but do you have BT Call Protect ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hope you're right. I'll continue to ignore calls from 'unknowns' and see if the problem goes away again.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes I do thanks, helps but as you say it can't keep up with VoIP calls ! I'm trying, ' ignore and hope they stop' for the time being...
0 Ratings