cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: Suddenly unable to make international calls

it was explains more about CPS to you also some people use CPS services to reduce call costs 

0 Ratings
Nick2008
Message 12 of 15

Hi

I found your post whilst looking for a solution that suddenly occurred on my mother’s phone line.

I got her to contact BT they checked the line and found no fault.

We changed her phone , no good 

I then got her to get call barring checked out, Nope 

BT changed her number in hope that would cure the problem . nope.

the next step they were going to go down was change her line ? But she got through to another technician who asked if he could check her call log and there the problem was found.

A with held number incoming to her from her GP had some how put a BLOCK on out going International calls.

The technician removed the number from her call log and hay ho 2 hrs later she was able to call her brother in South Africa.

Have BT check the call log for a withheld number around the time the problem started .

good luck 

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 13 of 15

@Nick2008 wrote:

Hi

I found your post whilst looking for a solution that suddenly occurred on my mother’s phone line.

I got her to contact BT they checked the line and found no fault.

We changed her phone , no good 

I then got her to get call barring checked out, Nope 

BT changed her number in hope that would cure the problem . nope.

the next step they were going to go down was change her line ? But she got through to another technician who asked if he could check her call log and there the problem was found.

A with held number incoming to her from her GP had some how put a BLOCK on out going International calls.

The technician removed the number from her call log and hay ho 2 hrs later she was able to call her brother in South Africa.

Have BT check the call log for a withheld number around the time the problem started .

good luck 

You have posted on an over 2 year old thread.  I suspect the gentleman might have got it solved, or perhaps not.

0 Ratings
Nick2008
Message 14 of 15

didnt see when this was put up by the OP.

i only found it because of the prob my mother had so posted result which may be of some use to someone 

0 Ratings
amsr
Message 15 of 15

Hi, I came across this whilst running into a similar problem: My partner was trying to call me from Australia using Skype and could not.. Neither could I call an Australian landline. However, if used the 1280 prefix, I could call, and he could call me from his mobile. I tried using the phone settings and 1572 and everything seemed to be unblocked, even anonymous numbers. Then I went via the internet to my BT account and I discovered that I had blocking of BT-blocked numbers switched on by default, so I switched that to Allow. Then, my partner was able to Skype me and I could call an overseas landline without the prefix. I hope that this helps, it is a bit bad that BT classifies Skype as junk calls! good luck.
0 Ratings