Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Switch over from sky to bt

Go to solution
Switch over from sky to bt on tuesday 17/04. Pleased with broadband speed so far. Down side...no incoming calls on landline. Outgoing works fine. Been here before and suspect it is a porting issue. Have explained again and again to call centre, have done all the hime checks and called 17070 to check the number has ported over. Call centre say can only be fixed by engineer...thats not going to work!!! Guessing its possibly not closed from old provider side can this be checked out by you guys?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switch over from sky to bt

Go to solution

@D43NERYS it sounds like the number has not ported over correctly so I agree an engineer visit won't be the solution.  If you need any help with this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @D43NERYS,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've spoke to the Number Portability Team in Openreach and they confirmed that the number has been fully moved back to BT. 

If you are still unable to receive incoming calls, then we'll need to arrange for an engineer to check the line and the equipment in the exchange.

I'm in the office until 4 PM today and I'm more that happy to give you a call to discuss things. Please can you let me know what would be the best time for me to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB

Still having issues - BNR!

I can call on my mobile and pick up the landline and the call will connect (just not ringing).   Done all the usual homechecks so yeah Engineer visit to look at line or exchange issue would be appreciated.   I can be contacted on my mobile number before 09:30 or after 11am

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @D43NERYS I gave your mobile a call a few minutes ago and left a message. Paddy is out of the office today so I was looking after this case today. I know you may have completed the checks thoroughly but I sent you the email on the checks needed just to ensure it's not an internal fault. 

I will call again about 12 if that is convenient. If not let me know.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

They have been at the exchange today and found the the line had a call blocker on it and some other faults. These were addressed, but still the phone will not ring.

Also looks like a line check was carried out and this caused our fibre speed to drop to 0.2 mbps, gladfully looks like a router reset fixed this.

Could a faulty line card in the exchange be the problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @D43NERYS,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm was really happy to hear that the engineer of Friday was able to repair the service. I ran a few checks on your Broadband as well and it has gone back up to full speed.

Please accept my apology for the delay in getting your service repaired.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you for your help. So much easier than going via a call centre and gettung passed from pilllar to post.
0 Ratings