cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ed52
Message 1 of 3

Switching to infinity fibre

If my main phone/answer maching is now plugged into the fibre optic cable and all my other phones about the house are wifi

to the main phone ? do the old sockets become suplus to requirement and would any dameage to them effect my service (eg show up as a fault effecting my service) ???

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching to infinity fibre

Your phone is not connected to the fibre connection on FTTC. it is carried over the existing copper cable back to the cabinet

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching to infinity fibre

I assume your talking about extension sockets? Any damage may affect your service, good example for you......

A few months ago I went to this persons house because she reported a NDT. When her CP asked if she had any extensions she said no so declined to check a working phone into the test socket.

Anyway, turns out she use to have an extension socket but because she didn't use or want it she cut the cable where it went into the back box then forced it under the carpet to hide it.

Then years later she put a book case where the cable was tucked under the carpet and the weight of it pressed the conductors together causing a Loop.

I got her phone working within minutes then charged her for the privilege of my company........

0 Ratings