Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
john66
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Synergy 6500 Caller Display intermittent

Hello,

I have a Synergy 6500 Quad. The problem is that caller display is intermittent, and fails to display incoming number or stored name about one in four calls. This is the second 6500 set that has the same problem (the first Quad set was replaced for a quite different reason). Have checked line, filter etc. and all OK. My old Synergy 4100 works perfectly on this line, as does a Panasonic phone which I borrowed.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Thanks in anticipation

11 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Synergy 6500 Caller Display intermittent

There are a number of things that can stop caller display functioning correctly. The ADSL filter. Sky box. Home hub and or any ADSL router.
All I can suggest is to isolate each poss bit of kit one we a time as a process of elimination.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
john66
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Devon_Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions. These have been tried...new filter, disconnected hub etc. and the result is the same. As other phones seem quite happy to work properly, I am assuming the 6500 is just not as good at decoding the incoming data.

I may be able to borrow a BT Sonus or Aura phone to see if either of these suffers from similar problems.

In the meantime thanks for your reply

John66

0 Ratings
banjo1t
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

I also have the same fault, I have a panasonic DEC in another room which works fine, this is really frustrating, as the Synergy is in the main incoming socket, I use for the answering machine, so half the calls I do not have a clue who rang,

come on BT get your act together...

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Did you try what I suggested to John?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
banjo1t
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi Devon Dave,

Thanks for this, however,

I cannot see how this would make any difference, as I have said, the caller display is definitely working on the other phones? 

Just as an update, I am no longer with BT, and have transferred to talktalk, with a new router, I am having exactly the same problem, even if I change the location of the phone, the Synergy is the only one that does not work all the time??

SteveRawlings
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

I have the same issue with the BT 6500. It seems like a design problem. The BT Paragon and the BT Decor 1200 work fine under the same conditions.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 8 of 12

Hi @SteveRawlings, @john66, @banjo1t,

I am a technical ignoramus but just wondering, did you find out who was calling when you answered the phone ?

Is it possible that the numbers that are not being displayed are withheld or spoofed numbers ?

Have you tried signing up for BT Call Protect ?

0 Ratings
SteveRawlings
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

The test calls were made from my mobile, so I knew that the number was available. Sometimes the number was displayed on the BT6500, sometimes it wasn't. But the number was always displayed on the BT Paragon and the BT Decor 1200. The test is easy enough to do.

Either the data detector in the BT6500 isn't sensitive enough, or it isn't being reliably enabled at the start of the call.
0 Ratings
SteveRawlings
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I've now tried a second 6500 base unit, and that also has the same intermittent problem. This suggests that it is a product problem.

Does anyone know whether the 6500 handsets are compatible with another model of base unit that _does_ work reliably for Caller Display?
0 Ratings