Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Telephone one way transmission

Go to solution

Today, I attempted to make Five calls to Australia, all of which were one way transmissions, in that I could hear them, but they could not hear me. As I am paying for 600 minutes of International calls per month, I am not happy.

Telephone is connected via an ADSL filter, and I do Not have a master socket.

The line was tested via BT website, No fault found. Service status also checked No fault found.

My telephone is functioning correctly as I can make U.K. calls as normal and it's new with new batteries.

My homehub 5 disconnected a couple of days ago.

Any ideas??

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Telephone one way transmission

Go to solution
Have you made any other calls on your phone? have you only had the issue calling Australia?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes Dave, as I stated in my original post, I can make U.K. calls no problem.

@Devon_Dave wrote:
Have you made any other calls on your phone? have you only had the issue calling Australia?

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
the fault will therefore be on an international link to Australia which could be anywhere in the world as circuits could be looped in and out of many countries.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just to clarify, you pay for 600 minutes of   international calls to   BT Consumer, or you pay line rental to BT a Consumer and use use a third party for your international calls, if it's BT , then you will probably not get anywhere as the entire fault department is set up to check the local external network, the cables between the local exchange and your house,  and they will have you checking your equipment, tell you that the line tests ok and that you may get charged if they send out an Openreach engineer who finds your equipment at fault or more worryingly if it's RWT right when tested, if you use a third party for calls then you are posting in the wrong place, you need to get on to that company and they need to explore the problem with whoevers  network they buy access off , that maybe multiple providers , so again you are not likely to get resolution

faults like yours probably never get fixed because of your complaint, but get resolved by routine maintenance or  a system reporting itself faulty, as others have said the fault could be anywhere,  not even in this country, and maybe not even in Australia, but any transit point along the way

5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Both telephone and line rental plus broadband infinity all with BT.

Thanks for the reply, however the phone is now back to normal, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Message 7 of 7
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings