cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oksuzer
Message 1 of 3

Terrible service trying to move a phone line - Not sure what to do?

Hi,

I have been with my current BT phone line for 2 years and I was very happy with the service I was receiving. Therefore I decided to move my BT line to the new property I am moving into next month. I have called up BT for house moves, which arranged my move including setting up an appointment with an engineer and said that I will receive a confirmation quickly. In the meantime I have not received any confirmation and I was unable to see any order or appointment details online. This left me feeling unsure whether my order really was placed or not. As you can image I do not want to find myself in a situation where I take a day off work waiting for an assistant who is never going to turn up and waste my time having to do this all over again.

To gain some clarity, I emailed the customer service team listing all the details of my phone conversation with the assistant who placed the order and all the details about my account and the place I'll be moving. After a couple of days all I got was a generic response which had nothing to do with my original question. I resend my email asking for clarification and got nothing back. It has been 15 days since I spoke to the assitant and has heard nothing from no one so far. Things get more interesting after this:

Today I tried online chat with an assitant who told me that he can see that my order has been cancelled. When I asked why he said he will call me to explain. When I gave him my number he said "You live in Australia, right?". Which is ridiculous as my account clearly states that I am from the United Kingdom. When I asked him again on the phone why my order has been cancelled he said "Yeah yeah I'll just transfer you to the sales team and they can help you". I was then put on "hold" for 25 minutes waiting for the sales team to pick up my call. When they eventually did the lady who picked up the call said they don't deal with home moves (you can imagine my frustration at this point) and said she will transfer me to home moves which put me on an endless hold.

This leaves me in a sitaution where I have no idea what to do, even the assistants who are supposed to help me are unable to advice me. I think I am going to have to cancel my BT line and have to go with an alternative provider after the (lack of) quality of service I have experienced. The problem is I don't really know if my order has 'really' been cancelled therefore don't want to have to pay any cancellation fees if my order actually hasn't been cancelled.

This is incredibly frustrating as I now have to deal with the stress of moving a house as well as the stress of whether my phone order went through or not. 

I am hoping someone here can advise me on what to do as this is my last resort.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3

Re: Terrible service trying to move a phone line - Not sure what to do?

Hi oksuzer,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you send in your details and we'll look into this? You can get our "Contact us" link by clicking on my username, it's under "About me".

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
oksuzer
Message 3 of 3

Re: Terrible service trying to move a phone line - Not sure what to do?

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your quick response. I have just spoken to an assistant over the phone who told me that my order has misteriously been cancelled (still no one knows why?). After all of this headache I told her to cancel my BT line on a specific date and I no longer wish to move the line to my new address. She also assured me that I do not need to pay any cancellation fees. However in the confirmation I just got sent, I can see this section:

What you'll pay:

• 30 day rental liability charge - As we say in our terms and conditions, we need 30 days' notice to stop your BT services - so you'll need to pay for them for 30 days from the date you asked us to stop them. For more information about the 30 day notice period, go to bt.com/terms

My bill normally gets charged on the 30th of each month. I asked my line to be cancelled on 2nd of September. What I assumed (and what the assistant said) was that I am going to be paying until 2nd if September. I am very confused as to why I am being told this in the email?

Thanks

0 Ratings