cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scpgrangetown
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Text messaging/Service centre number for Synergy 6500

I bought a twin Synergy 6500 at the end of last year and changed my tariff to unlimited anytime to take advantage of the 200 free texts per month.  I managed to send one text message when I very first had it then we had a power cut.  As advised by the BT call centre, I dutifully unplugged took out the batteries and left for the prescribed time before connecting again.  Since then, I've not been able to send text messages and if I send one to our landline it comes as a voice message. 

I have made countless calls to BT helplines including faults and text messaging, and although very polite no one has a clue how to help me.  They've checked my line and as far as they are concerned all is OK so I would have to pay an engineer about £120 for a home visit, which clearly I don't want to do! 

During one of the calls I was told to amend the service centre number and now I cannot change it back to what it was. I don't have it with me but it's long number with a letter P in the middle.   I was told that pressing *7 is the same as inserting a letter P but I'm not sure.  I am wondering if that is something to do with the problem.  Is there anyone out there who can help? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Text messaging/Service centre number for Synergy 6500

The Service Centre numbers need to be as they are published in the instruction booklet.

For the Synergy 6500 they will be

The Send Centre number is: 1470P1709400

The Receive Centre is: 080058752

Some of the digits are missing as the handset auto fills them.

A link which has the instruction booklet on it is as follows

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14194/~/bt-synergy-6500

Text messaging starts on page 47.

0 Ratings
scpgrangetown
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks caerdydd.  I have copies of this and have looked at the relevant pages.  However, though page 52 talks about how to add or change the service centre number, what I need to find out is how I can key in the letter P so that I can reset the service centre number - remember that when doing this the phone is not in text messaging mode...  Once I've done this I'll know whether or not that is the problem with my text messaging facility...  Any clues?

0 Ratings
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The p is not critical in putting it into the handset so you can omit it.

It just puts a pause between the 1470 that releases your number to the service centre and the service centre number.

The BT SMS platform & network can work without it.

0 Ratings
scpgrangetown
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

OK - will try again tonight and let you know tomorrow what happens...

0 Ratings
scpgrangetown
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi no luck with that I'm afraid.  I still cannot send text messages and when one is sent to me it comes out as a voice mail.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Annbilbao46
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I have a gigaset C300A phone and accidently deleted the preloaded sms service centre number can anyone help me thanks

0 Ratings