cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susieq
Message 1 of 9

Text problem

I have a text phone and have received text in written form in the past, but since changing to the Anytime calling plan I get voice texts from 08005875290.  This number rings every few minutes but it takes ages for even a voice text to come through.  I placed a curfew on them but still get calls about texts in the middle of the night.

I rang BT and was advised to text 'register' to 00000 which I have done but now I am getting more calls from the 0800 number (there is nobody on the line and it goes dead with no option to retrieve a text, 6 and counting!) Woman Mad

Please help, feel like disconnecting the phone.

Thanks!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Text problem

Since you have changed packages can you confirm that your caller display is still working?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
LP
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I am also having problems receiving text , no problems sending it !! All I get back is voice text which is rubbish in the Welsh language. I have recently connected a new phone to my system. Had a text enabled phone before, have gone through all the registration etc spoken to numerous BT ''help'' people , some disconnected my call!! some tried to help but none were successfull. I feel I'm being sent from pillar to post. Everyone assures me my phone is registered to caller display and I SHOULD be getting written text but I'm not . BT keep phoning me with automated messages telling me I am now able to recieive text but they STILL come through as voice messages. This is very frustrating at the moment I have been informed that someone will check my line on the 19th of this month - TODAY !! Let's hope they find out what the problem is if they cure it I will let you know, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Try dialing *#234# this will check if you have caller display active, without caller display the texts will come through as voice.

If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
LP
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for trying Devon Dave but i've tried *#234# and every other code known to man so it seems ,they all tell me my phone is registered for text. BT texted me on my mobile today to tell me my problem was fixed!! It is NOT fixed . Dont know what to do next apart from phoning the helpline again. But they are not really helpful and dont know the answer to the problem either!!

0 Ratings
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

hi susieq and lp,

If you are receiving your sms as voicemail ely the sms platform is not picking up the fact that you have a text enabled phone.

This can be caused by a few things, devon_dave has covered the most common, if your caller display isnt working your phone wont recognise the text coming through and it will get sent as a voicemail message (the 0800 number just calls you to let you know a voicemail message has been left on your BT answer service and wont actually give you the text message unless you dont have the BT answer service).

Are you incomming calls having their telephone number displayed? if not try the check codes:

*#234# to check -you either get a message saying 'caller identity will be displayed' or 'caller id will not be displayed'. if second message try...

*234# to activate, if you get told something like ' service not available' call 0800800150 to get caller display or order online at BT.com.

If your caller display is working,check the receive numbers for the phone (they should be displayed in the user manual and need to be something like 08005875290, they are all slightly different for each phone as some models last digit pre built, some have last 2 digits pre built in the phone etc).

if this is all ok, try ringing the 1470 17094009 (send number) you should here a funny 'chirp' (this is the text platform at the other end of the line saying hello). if you dont hear the chirp or cant call that number there is some form of reastriction or fault on your line stopping the sms text being sent(operator call barring etc).

if all ok at this point, try a second text enabled phone as it may be the phone causing the problem.

If all else fails call 0800 800 151 with details about your model and make of phone, including the send an receive numbers from your user manual, what times you have had failed sms text messages and that your caller id is working and they should fix it for you (might be worth mentioning the out come of calling the send number).

Good luck and hope that all makes sense.

0 Ratings
LP
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thanks bfg - have tried everything you suggested - no joy. My phone is showing caller display. I can hear a 'chirp' sound as you said. Have sent BT an e mail asking for further 'help'. - lp

0 Ratings
BoM
Message 8 of 9

I have had the same problem, and BT helpdesk have been unable to fix (told me I had a fault in the line to my local exchange!).   I came across this on BT customer help web at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9060/related/1

"If you're experiencing problems with delivery to your line, type reset and send to 00000."

It worked for me 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

The thread you are replying to is over 2 years old.
0 Ratings