Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BattyOAP
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Time Saver and First Ring

Hello Helpers

I've searched for an answer to my query and am now 'bog-eyed'; unless I have missed the explanation and if I have then I apologise for wasting anyone's time.

Recently bought a BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker twin phone. No problem with the phone itself but there is only a user guide and set up booklet in the box it came in.

There are two 'terms' in the setting up guide without explanation of what they mean.

Can someone please tell me what Time Saver and First Ring mean?

Thank you in anticipation,

BattyOAP.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Time Saver and First Ring

There is a post about "First Ring" here.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/quot-first-ring-quot-setting/td-p/1380921

It might help. Can find nothing about Time saver yet

[edit] Just noticed that you say you have recently bought this phone. There should be a freephone number in the instructions for any help with the phone.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
BattyOAP
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your reply.  I did ring the number you mention but after close on 20 minutes of waiting for a reply I had to ring off otherwise I'm afraid it's likely that I would have said something I might regret for the rest of my life.

I might try ringing them again tomorrow; let's see if I can get a quicker reply this time round.  You may have noticed that I have had one reply explaining the Time Saver issue, and I will read the link you sent regarding First Ring.

Once again, many thanks for your advice.

BattyOAP

0 Ratings
BattyOAP
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for explaining the Time Saver issue to me; very grateful.

BattyOAP

0 Ratings