cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tootsie
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Time for a new provider methinks: Part 2

Thrilled with the prompt response to my previous post, and the seemingly timely solution to my problem once I'd contacted the care team, I used my phone to call my dad. Peculiarly, my ex-directory number that should be set to "withheld" showed up on his caller ID. So, once again, I had the ever joyful experience of calling the BT customer care call centre!!!

The operative was adamant that his computer showed my "withheld" service as being active so I explained to him that I had called my mobile from my home, ex-directory and "supposed to be withheld" number and there too it had shown up on the caller ID display. Still determined to prove me wrong the operative said that he would have to do a test and would ring me back. He called me back and said that he would be referring my fault back to the engineers.

Then on Saturday the SMS messages started.

#1: Engineers now require access to your home. As we have been unable to get in touch with you PLEASE TEXT US BACK (at your normal rate) with a good time for us to call you. We aim to respond to your message within 4 hours between 8am-8pm.

I have no missed calls on my phone so I SMS back saying that I'm available anytime.

#2: (immediate response) I'm afraid we're closed for the day now. One of our agents will respond when we re-open. Our opening hours are 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri

Given that it was Saturday I'm wondering who it was that sent the messages and today (Sunday) I got another one.

#3: Hello, BT here. The next step is for you to check your apparatus. You can see how to do this on blahblahblah.com!!!!

There's nothing wrong with my apparatus!!! Everything is working just fine now

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Time for a new provider methinks: Part 2

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you again.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings