Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tootsie
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Time for a new provider methinks!!!

Go to solution

On 22/12/12 I requested a number change as someone has given out my ex-directory number and I'm receiving late night nuisance calls. New number was allocated and I was told that it would be changed by 24/12/12. It wasn't changed. Spoke to an operative again on 26/12/12 who said it would definitely be changed on 27/12/12 and told me to ring 170707 at midday to activate the number. I called the number on 27/12 and was immediately aware that this was clearly a technicians number, not for public use!! Called and spoke to another operative who said that I shouldn't have been given that number, could see that my order for a new number was still "open" and then informed me that there was a technical problem their end and my wait time is indefinite, depending on how long it takes them to fix their problem!!

Today I have no dialling tone so it would appear that I don't have to worry about changing my number after all as I can't receive nuisance calls or any kind of incoming calls.....or in fact dial out!!!

On the up side.....the Internet's working. On the downside......can't rant at BT via Internet (probably a good job!!) :O)

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Time for a new provider methinks!!!

Go to solution

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

Tootsie
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

TRe: Time for a new provider methinks!!!

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. I'll give it a try!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Re: TRe: Time for a new provider methinks!!!

Go to solution

These people are a special team of troubleshooters, who will take personal ownership.

Please could you update this thread when your problem is sorted, so that forum members know. Thanks.

Tootsie
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks, definitely will. Just had a lovely text message from BT saying how sorry they are to hear that I'm having probs and that they'll be in touch when they know more. Not holding my breath!! 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tootsie
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Email sent......Watch this space!
0 Ratings
Tootsie
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Had another text from BT saying that they were hoping to have the problem fixed by Monday 7th. Didn't think anymore about it until my husband got home from work and, out of curiosity, picked up the phone. NOT ONLY DO WE NOW HAVE A DIALING TONE BUT THEY'VE CHANGED THE NUMBER TOO!!! WHOOP!!!
Thanks for your help KEITH and the BT CARE TEAM. 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

What more can you ask for Smiley Wink

I am pleased it is sorted.

0 Ratings