cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daviehop
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Timeline calls

Hi. Could someone please explain a call on my bill from my Bt landline. The call i never made was to TIMELINE 123 ?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Timeline calls

Hi @daviehop

You are best speaking to the Online Billing Team about incorrect charges 

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

@daviehopwrote:
Hi. Could someone please explain a call on my bill from my Bt landline. The call i never made was to TIMELINE 123 ?

Hi @daviehop

Here is an interesting read http://www.okcheersbye.co.uk/kelly-communications/

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thank you !
0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks will do.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@daviehopwrote:

Hi.

Although the Kelly comms report is interesting (they should be using a freefone number 0800 etc - there are plenty of service numbers to dial. These will not work on stopped lines, so calling a chargeable call is actually irrelevant. Also the 0800 calls will not show on a bill).

Is the time/date relevant? In other words is there anyone that might have been there to call the number? How long did the call last.

Are there calls close to the same time/date that may include 123? It is actually possible for there to be a handset problem (note: I am not saying there is, just asking a few questions). Of course, a handset problem could show up as other mis-dialled calls.

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi. Call lasted 3 seconds and cost 45pence
I live alone so no one else could have made the call.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

@daviehopwrote:
Hi. Call lasted 3 seconds and cost 45pence
I live alone so no one else could have made the call.

Hi again.

What about my other questions?

Sorry to ask - but it's worth getting the complete facts, which then acts as extra ammo to take to the complaints billing team.

0 Ratings
daviehop
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hi. Cant see it being a handset problem. Cant see the time of the call. Have one other call out with my free weekend calls. was to my brother.
0 Ratings
aam
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I’ve had these mysteriously appearing Timeline charges on my bill a few times over the years and on each occasion I’ve had to dispute it and then it’s eventually refunded, after first being told it’s not possible and that maybe someone else in the house did it or maybe a faulty bit of equipment did it.

On all of the occasions if I ask any of my neighbours to check their bill they also tend to have similar calls to 123 for a few seconds (not even long enough to hear the time!) at a similar time to mine. Also on each occasion an “engineer” was either up a ladder playing with the telephone distribution point or at a nearby BT manhole.

It just seems that some of these “engineers” find it more convenient to tap in three digits in their test phone to check to see if a pair is active rather than use their proper test numbers!

I’ve tried to put the issue in as a complaint with BT so it gets raised with Openreach but usually it is closed by BT and never passed on.
0 Ratings