cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aecomley
Message 1 of 4

Trouble porting number from VM back to BT

Having great trouble ordering a number port back to BT.

Several attempts to order phone service & Broadband (advertised as a package) have got nowhere and I'm now told that we will have to port the phone, and then subsequently order the broadband service with a minimum of a 5 day gap.

Since this will be a new provision (as far as BT & OR are concerned) I'm suspicious about the enforced gap. Has anyone had success doing this without having to mess about with piecemeal orders?

If it's advertised as a package, why can't BT process it as such?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trouble porting number from VM back to BT

As you are migrating from a cable provider, broadband cannot be ordered until there is a working phone line.

If you were transferring from a non-cable provider, then a MAC code could have been used, which would have reduced the delay to 24 hours or less.

0 Ratings
aecomley
Message 3 of 4

Would this also cover a new line without a number port? 

I thought this restriction had been withdrawn for new installs....

I may well be mistaken, but in this day & age it's inconvienent to say the least.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I am not sure, as I am just a customer, but its quite normal for the broadband order to be delayed, until the phone line is active, unless is a broadband migration from another ISP, who uses the BT Wholesale product.

Initially the phone line is connected through at the exchange, then once the broadband port has been allocated and commissioned, another job is issued to insert the broadband equipment in the exchange.

If there is existing broadband equipment on the line, then its much simpler, as its all done with software.

0 Ratings