cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Akadingbat
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Trying for 17 years to get BT to use the correct address - no luck yet. Should I contact the Press?

Go to solution

I am at my wits end, I have been trying for 17 years, yes 17 years, to get BT to use the correct address for me after they confused mine with a similar address in another village.  I have had so many promises of it having been sorted and yes they have the correct address on my bills (now) but something is still wrong as I still get marketing stuff to the wrong address and today I was trying to move my phone and broadband to another supplier and when they did the line check BT would not recognise my address for my number so I can’t change to any other supplier. They had previously told me this issue had been sorted. I have now lost out on a fantastic lifetime deal, especially for military Veterans, with another supplier and I have had enough. Talking to BT just doesn’t work and you can’t get put through to anyone high enough up to sort it, even when I can tell them exactly what the problem is and how it happened, but they will just not correct THEIR mistake. I have had enough of trying to sort it out via BT and I am wondering whether I should go to either the Press, my MP or the Ombudsman. Who do you think would be the best person to resolve this? Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Akadingbat
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Trying for 17 years to get BT to use the correct address - no luck yet. Should I contact the Pre

Go to solution

sorted now!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Trying for 17 years to get BT to use the correct address - no luck yet. Should I contact the Pre

Go to solution

Hi @Akadingbat glad you got this sorted eventually. We would have been able to help you get your address records corrected. 

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

How did you get this sorted?  We've been trying for 7 years to get the right address for our house when BT deliver equipment! The bills and correspondence come to the right address - but the actual routers, etc. are addressed to the previous house owner, and with no house name!  I wrote to the Chief Exec. spoke to various persons over the years, but no luck. We wanted to upgrade to fibre but when the tracking email showed the old wrong address we cancelled it.

I'd love to know your secret!

0 Ratings
Akadingbat
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I messaged them on Facebook and they sorted it, which really surprised me. I actually went on this forum originally to try and shame them into doing something and then I saw they had a Facebook page liked that and then sent them a message. I was ready to do some very public shaming if no joy. Hope that works for you, good luck.

0 Ratings
Akadingbat
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I should add that they have 3 different address databases so you need to tell them to make sure the address is correct on all three.

0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks. I don't have a FB account and don't want to open one up!

Maybe try Twitter.
0 Ratings
Akadingbat
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

If you post a new thread on here with your issue clearly identified in the subject line one of the moderators here should pick it up.

0 Ratings