Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Trying to get BT call minder removed from elderly persons phone

Go to solution

I have tried many times to get the 1571 facility removed from my elderly aunt's phone.  I have been advised on online chat, and also with a person to person conversation a couple of weeks ago that this had been done.  She has been isolated in her room in a care home and the telephone is the only way any family can contact her.  Unfortunately she is not very mobile so by the time she gets to the telephone to answer it, the voicemail facility has cut in.  I requested it to be removed to give her more time to answer.  She does not have the mental capacity to use this - or even make calls at the moment, but she can answer, given a couple more minutes.  I have now resorted to a Facebook message as after holding on the line this morning for 20 minutes I was cut off.  I know this is a difficult time, but it wasn't that way a couple of weeks ago.  Is there a number/method of contact especially for vulnerable customers?  Although the care home staff are good, they are not there to monitor her phone calls.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Trying to get BT call minder removed from elderly persons phone

Go to solution

HI @jaycee56 sorry that the call minder service is still active when it should be removed. Is the account for your Aunt set up for online access. If so you should be able to manage the calling feature on the account and remove the call minder service.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi John.  Thanks for the reply.  I have someone helping now on Facebook Messenger but it seems she is also having a problem as she asked me to test the line but the voicemail is still active.  Yes, my first thought was to set her up with an online account but unfortunately that showed that she DID NOT have call minder so it was impossible for me to remove that way.  It is very frustrating as being unable to visit I can't actually do anything from her phone.  Hopefully the person I am in touch with on BT Facebook will be able to sort it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @jaycee56 thanks for the update and the Facebook team will be able to help you we are based in the same building. 

Best wishes

John

0 Ratings