cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cabspotter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Trying to get my number back since moving house.

Go to solution

I moved house on the 19th Dec 2014 requesting that my previous number be kept in the process. I'm on the same exchange so a relatively simple process I thought. I was originally told that due to a pending order for BT Inifinity (which I also had at my old address) that my number could not be moved until this order had been completed by the engineer. Frustrating but fair enough but that date has come and gone now, when I speak to operators they advise me they are processing the request and will receive a call back in a couple of days, which seems to get pushed back a couple of days each time they call back. This has gone on since the 15th Jan now and today I'm being told it will be resolved by the 23rd Jan. Again. Due to this I cannot use the BT TV services associated with my telephone line and I was also charged line rental for a new number I didn't request (I paid for my exisitng like 12 months up front). 

Can a Mod assist getting this resolved please. House moving is stressful enough!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Trying to get my number back since moving house.

Go to solution

Hi Cabspotter,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the renumber. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Cabspotter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Thank you for the quick reply it's appreciated. I have sent the details as requested, please let me know if you require any further detail.

0 Ratings
Cabspotter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks DavidM I can confirm my renumber has gone through today! Much appreciated!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
a good result for the mod team again
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I contacted BT two months before moving house to arrange for the transfer of our telephone number and broadband connection. Needless to say this wasn't processed. Since then I have spent a lot of time and money (having to use my mobile) speaking to charming people at the customer service centre in India who promise to carry out the transfer but nothing happens. Last week I spoke to someone in the UK, by chance, who was terribly apologetic and gave me a tracking number to follow progress on the BT website. The phone was due to be connected last Wednesday before midnight. The tracking number confirmed this. It still hasn't been connected. Since then I have had a message left on my mobile saying that I would be contacted before 8pm last night to explain the delay! That didn't happen either. I am utterly appauled by BT's customer care. I understand that in the US, Switzerland, Germany & Scandinavia numbers are transferred on the day of moving at the flick of a switch. BT really need to get their house in order and strive to give their paying customers a decent service. This is the third week of no phone line or broadband. Maybe it's time to give up and go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
The network is supplied and maintained by Openreach not BT and unless you are in a cable area regardless of provider you will still have the same engineers involved also changing providers will put you at the back of their work stack
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
John is wrong..... The Exchange Equipment is actually maintained by a Company called BT Operate....

Openreach only maintain the line from the MDF, that's the line side of the Exchange then all the way upto the NTE/NTTP...

Also some other Providers like Sky and TALKTALK use their own LLU Equipment in BT Exchanges so by switching to one of them you would avoid using BT's Exchange Equipment......
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@lines_man wrote:
John is wrong..... The Exchange Equipment is actually maintained by a Company called BT Operate.... no reference was made to exchange equipment 

Openreach only maintain the line from the MDF, that's the line side of the Exchange then all the way upto the NTE/NTTP...correct and  that was what I was refering to 

Also some other Providers like Sky and TALKTALK use their own LLU Equipment in BT Exchanges so by switching to one of them you would avoid using BT's Exchange Equipment......LLU was also not mentioned and is not relevent the OP's problem is with a number change 

0 Ratings