cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nisaoirse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Unable to accept incoming calls on Digital Voice

Hi there, my BB went live yesterday morning (and it's working well) and I registered the handsets etc. and was able to make outgoing calls from them. Incoming calls however were still ringing my landline phone (not digital voice) that I had with TalkTalk.

I tried to report this to BT and somebody said it'd be sorted by midnight but if it wasn't he'd call me back, that didn't happen and today anyone ringing me is getting "The number you have dialled is currently not receiving incoming calls", not good when it's the contact number our kids schools have etc.

I tried 3 times to ring and report the fault, 1st time I ended up with someone who just said "hello" and cut me off, second call I spoke to someone who I told I was ringing using a VOIP service via my broadband and he went off and did a line test and cut the call off.

If I try and raise a fault online it's telling me to ring 150 as it can't do it online. Rather than spend the rest of the day trying to get through to BT can anyone get someone to look in to this for me please?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Unable to accept incoming calls on Digital Voice

do you have FTTP  fibre to your premises?  are you trying to port number from TT?

if you dial 17070 do you hear your number repeated?  if you try 150 do you get BT?

if you have FTTP then you should phone 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nisaoirse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hiya, I have FTTC not FTTP. If I dial 17070 using a Digital Voice handset it reports back the correct phone number, if I dial 150 from the Digital Voice handset I get BT, if I plug a normal dect phone in to the original phone socket I just get broken dial tone and cannot make any calls.

The number is supposed to be ported over from Talktalk.

Cheers

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

when I moved to DV my normal socket no longer worked with phone    have you tried connecting ordinary handset to socket on SH2

if you have FTTC then you need to persevere by phoning 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nisaoirse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Connecting a normal phone to the DV port on the back of the home hub let's me make outgoing calls with the old DECT phone but incoming calls are still blocked.

0 Ratings
nisaoirse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

I've been a customer of BT for a little over a day and I have to say they are stunningly incompetent. I started trying to get this sorted yesterday and was assured it would be fine, I've spent the best part of 5 hours today on and off the phone to BT who kept cutting me off mid conversation and now I've finally got to talk to someone they've said "It's not going to be possible for you to have the number you originally asked to be ported in your order". Absolutely not acceptable!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Its possible that the number actually is owned by Talk Talk, and has now been returned to them, if they were the ones that originally gave you your number.

0 Ratings
nisaoirse
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

If that's the case I should've been informed when I placed the order, BT had over 3 weeks before my activation date to look in to it, I could've made alternative arrangements, like... stay with TalkTalk to keep that number.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@nisaoirse wrote:

If that's the case I should've been informed when I placed the order, BT had over 3 weeks before my activation date to look in to it, I could've made alternative arrangements, like... stay with TalkTalk to keep that number.

What are the first six digits of the phone number you want to keep, and I will look it up on the Ofcom website to see who owns the number?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

was the number originally given to you by TT or did you port it to TT when moving from another ISP?  if so which provider originally allocated you the number?

0 Ratings