Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Unable to receive some calls

Go to solution
I switched from sky to bt a few weeks ago and in that time I have only been able to receive calls from 2 numbers. All others both landlines and mobiles either get an engaged tone or invalid number. Engineers have visited and say the fault is with bt, the line has not been built correctly when switched. It seems others have posted similar experiences, can somebody help to resolve this as I am getting nowhere when I call bt. Thanks, Dave.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to receive some calls

Go to solution

Sounds like classic number portability problem, chances are the calls you do receive are from people on BT, others on some mobile networks or LLU providers networks ( like Sky and TT) don't get through.

It needs the number port to be requested again, hopefully the BT Rep will be along and ask for your details and will arrange to re-request Sky to port the number correctly

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
One of the numbers that gets through is bt, the other is with see. When I call from work on a bt business line I don't get through.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @DJLT and welcome.

I think @iniltous is correct here. It does sound like a number port hasn’t completed correctly so we’ll need to chase that up for you. Drop me over an email with your details and I’ll help with this. You’ll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @DJLT

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this afternoon.

I'm really pleased I was able to help you sort this out.  The problem was due to your number not being ported over correctly.  I got in touch with my colleagues and I'm pleased you're able to receive calls on the number now Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie