cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostInEngland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Unable to test for fault

Well, I am not impressed.  Returned from my Christmas holiday to find that my landline is not working, no dial tone, unable to call out or receive calls. Tried to follow suggestions provided by BT and when it came to testing the line for a fault, the page doesn't load or I receive a message that BT is having technical difficulties.  I emailed BT on the 8th and still have not received a reply.  I refuse to call from my mobile and incur charges as I wait on hold, for what has been my experience, an inappropriate amount of time.  Any other suggestions would be welcome as I am at a loss.

Renee

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Unable to test for fault

You could report it from a phone box as its a free call, or perhaps from a friend of neighbour`s house?

Call 0800 800 151.

If you still get problems then,

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
LostInEngland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Appreciate the suggestions but as I try to follow the directions established by BT, without testing the line for a fault, I run the risk of being charged.  I wonder aloud if BT is even aware that the testing of the fault online is unavailable and has been for nearly a week?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

You will only be charged if the fault is after your master phone socket, ie in your own internal wiring.

When you report the fault, they will run a line test for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi LostinEngland,

Thanks for posting. I’ll be happy to look into this for you. Can you please drop me an email with the details? You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
LostInEngland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Hi David, I sincerely hope you can help.  I have pasted the response that a BT representative just emailed after a 3 day wait, hopefully you will be able be of more assistance-

0 Ratings
LostInEngland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

A continuing saga, a phone call on my mobile from BT last night (Sat.) at near 9:45pm with a voicemail stating that the department tried to call and since I wasn't available to take the call (I was in bed sleeping) I am required to call BT in order to resolve this issue.  I am at the point of throwing up my hands in frustration.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

If you have contacted David and the forum mod team i would now leave your problem in their hands they will contact you personally when they have any more information for you
0 Ratings
LostInEngland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

......Still waiting.....no messages, nothing......one week without a landline phone....how is this acceptable customer service?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 13

@LostInEngland wrote:

......Still waiting.....no messages, nothing......one week without a landline phone....how is this acceptable customer service?

The moderators normally respond within 3 days, I would expect to hear from them by tomorrow.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings