cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 11

Unlimited Anytime Calls - mobile excluded?

Go to solution

Hi. Hoping someone maybe able to help me as not finding the website too clear and didnt want to call BT as not urgent query.

My mum has a simple landline only (no broadband) package called Unlimited Anytime Call plan. she calls from the landline to other landline numbers and mobiles for friends/family.   The website seems to suggest she should get mobile calls included in this free of charge but her bills are showing she is being charged for out of plan calls - all of these are the landline calls to mobiles. 

There is a current cap of £5 per month due to covid19 that is being applied so she gets some refunded but Im confused as to whether calls to mobile should be charged at all and if she is on the wrong plan. 

The website seems to suggest that Unlimited Anytime Call plan was replaced with Unlimited Minutes plan - should she therefore have been switched at some point to Unlimited Anytime Minutes plan and if so would these mean no charges for landline calls to a mobile? 

She wishes to retain a landline as its a lifeline for her and doesnt want broadband added.

Im just trying to work out whether she should be paying for calls from the landline to a mobile with her existing plan or whether she is being charged in error.

Can anyone help clarify?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unlimited Anytime Calls - mobile excluded?

Go to solution

When I phoned to change my calling plan yesterday I switched to the 700 minute deal @ £7 / month. This includes all calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles with no 60 minute cut-off. (I was on the 'Unlimited calls' plan at ~£10 / month but this did not include mobile calls and the price is due to increase by £4.50 / month in September.)

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Unlimited Anytime Calls. This plan gives you unlimited calls to most UK landlines and 0845 and 0870 numbers at all times, every day. You'll also get half price savings on landline to UK mobile calls at all times of day. Plus BT Privacy and BT 1471 at no extra cost.  This is no longer available

this is article from ISP review

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/broadband-isp-bt-hits-landline-only-customers-with-pri...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Racey3307, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We've recently updated the plans that we offer to new and re-contracting customers. Existing customers stay on the plan they were on but they can change this to one of the new options if they want.

As advised by imjolly mobile calls on the Unlimited Anytime call plan are chargeable but at a reduced rate so your Mum is not being charged incorrectly. If your Mum was to order the new Unlimited Minutes plan then mobile calls would be included but she would be paying more in rental for this plan.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

many thanks is there  a price increase due?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
at the moment mum is paying equivalent of £21.56 per month line rental and then £5 cap on the calls so equivalent of £26.56 so would be better off staying on currently plan as to move would be £27.20 per month equivalent. I note that Gwyndy mentions a price increase of £4.50 in september - I cant see anything on my mums paperwork to say this will be increasing so is the increase for everybody or just particular individuals as if so I may then be better switching her to the 700 minutes plan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Racey3307, there are plans in September to move customers who are on Unlimited Anytime Calls over to the Unlimited Minutes plan. If your mum's going to be affected by this we'll send her a notification with the options available to her but if she isn't using more than 700 minutes and would benefit from having mobile calls included that may be the best option for her.

Highlighted
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Am I misinterpreting this change, or are we being forced to have either:

- the same service for an extra £4.50/month; or

- a reduced service for the existing price?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

The 4.50 more is not the same service, the new plans include calls to mobiles & no 60 minute limit per call so no they're not charging more for the same service

0 Ratings