Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Unlimited Minutes confusion

Go to solution

Why do BT always have to make everything so confusing? I've spent days trying in vain to find the "small print" (Terms and Conditions) for their new Unlimited Minutes plan that they have moved me to. I can't find it anywhere. What I have found are the following two contradictory statements on their website :-

"We’ve made this change so everyone gets the benefits of our new calling plans, such as included calls to UK mobiles. This means you’ll be able to make unlimited calls to mobiles without worrying about extra charges."

"As well as great call rates to UK mobiles, Unlimited Anytime Calls includes 1000 free minutes to BT Mobile (excludes BT Business Mobile)."

Which one is correct? Are all calls to mobiles free or are they charged at a special rate?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unlimited Minutes confusion

Go to solution

The first one is correct, the new unlimited minutes gives you :

Unlimited calls to UK mobiles and UK landlines
150 calls or 1000 minutes to 0845/8070
No more one hour limit, previously you had to hang up and redial to avoid charges, that's gone.
24/7 it applies, no more inclusive times

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Richie. I was hoping that was the case before I start running up large bills. Could I please ask though where on the BT website you found that information? Where are the definitive terms and conditions for this new plan because I can't find them? It's the usual lack of information from BT. All I've received from them is the email on 14th July saying I would be moved to Unlimited Minutes on 1st September. Since then, nothing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Does this help? Click Calling Packages and Charges.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks pottyperson. There are a total of 234 pages in that document but I soon found the one which confirms everything I want to know about the new Unlimited Minutes plan. Thanks again your your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Bextonian wrote:

There are a total of 234 pages in that document but I soon found the one which confirms everything I want to know about the new Unlimited Minutes plan.

You get straight there if you click Calling Packages and Charges in the linked title page. I inadvertently omitted that when I first posted; I amended it quickly but not quickly enough it seems! Glad it helped. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings