cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdTorbett
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Unresolved phone line fault since I joined BT

I joined BT on the 9th of November, migrating from Tesco Homephone to BT and from day one I have been unable to receive calls from outside my local exchange.

I can make calls perfectly and receive calls from people with a BT line connected to my local exchange, but any other calls simply don't reach me.

I reported the fault on the 13th and it has been investigated by a BT engineer who confirmed the fault is outside my property and stated that it was a "number porting issue". He said that the issue would be escalated with the number porting team, as my number was ported incorrectly.

However, since then I have had absolutely no progress. The fault was marked by BT as resolved shortly after, despite the fault still being present, so I asked (via the live chat) to have it reopened. I then received a telephone call a few days later stating again that the fault had been resolved - even though it was still present (and can be confirmed simply by dialling my phone number and seeing if it rings). A new fault was opened for me this time - only for BT to close it again two days ago stating that "No fault was found". The fault is still present.

I've just spent my entire lunch break on hold to BT and since I failed to reach anyone in time have decided to raise the issue here. I'm happy to provide further information to any BT staff here.

Please fix my fault!

Ed

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unresolved phone line fault since I joined BT

Forum Moderators help requested
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 10

Hi EdTorbett, 

Welcome to the community. I am sorry that you are still having problems receiving calls from numbers outside your exchange. I would like to help with this so can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
EdTorbett
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Done, thanks.
0 Ratings
EdTorbett
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Bringing this one back up as my engineer is supposed to be visiting today, but the BT "Track my fault" website is currently broken and nobody's tried to get in touch with me yet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi EdTorbett,

Thanks for posting. I've looked into this for you and you're due a call back tomorrow to check how you're getting on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

I am afraid that a visit from an engineer will not solve your problem. The issue will be with the porting of your number across from tesco. Normally an easy fix once it gets to the correct department.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
EdTorbett
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hi Dave, unfortunately BT doesn't give me any way of progressing the issue other than to call an engineer. I know the issue is outside an engineer's remit but it appsars to be a mandatory step in the fault resolution process. Given that the fault's been closed without resolution twice already, any suggestions for moving this forward would be greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

You've contacted the mods, so they will solve the issue through to completion. Don't try to contact the helpdesk or use the online fault tracker to report faults, the mods have access to all parts of BT and will make sure the issue is solved.
0 Ratings
EdTorbett
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

That's good to hear, Sajuuk!
0 Ratings