cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kar44
Message 1 of 17

Upstairs socket not working.

Hi,

The upstairs socket in my house doesn't work, the house is 6 years old and I've never tried the socket before. I've tried to up load photos of the sockets but it's saying the file size is too large and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Upstairs socket not working.

use camera to upload pic

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

if you open the extension socket upstairs are there and wires connected to terminals 2&5    if so then same wires need to be connected to 2&5 in your master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

@Kar44 wrote:

Hi,

The upstairs socket in my house doesn't work, the house is 6 years old and I've never tried the socket before. I've tried to up load photos of the sockets but it's saying the file size is too large and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help?

I assume you mean it isn't working for telephony rather than broadband. If you mean broadband, it is possibly because you have a filtered master socket, in which case extensions won't work for broadband.

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 5 of 17

Hi,

When I try to upload the pictures I get a red error message saying the file is too big? 

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 6 of 17

Yes there's a blue wire in 2 and a blue and white wire in 5, this is the same in both sockets.

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 7 of 17

It won't work for broadband or the telephone, there's no dialing tone.

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 8 of 17

Screenshot_20190612-171149_Samsung Internet.jpgThis is the error message I get when I try to add photos.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

You need to edit photo and reduce size and probably file type

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 10 of 17

Screenshot_20190612-171315_Gallery_1560356279185.jpgMaster socket

0 Ratings