Re: Upstairs socket not working.

Screenshot_20190612-171257_Gallery.jpgMaster socket

Screenshot_20190612-171304_Gallery.jpgUpstairs socket

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Remove the wires from 1,3,4 and6 in the extension socket, remove the wire from 3 in the master. Make sure the 2 wires in 2&5 are pressed fully into the IDC slot. The extension will only work when the faceplate is re-connected on the master.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

Do you know the cable route from the main socket to the extension? Could it be damaged?

Is that the only extension socket you have?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Kar44
Message 14 of 17

Hi,

I don't know the route the cable takes, the house is a new build (6 years old), I've never touched any cables so I wouldn't have thought they could be damaged.

0 Ratings
Kar44
Message 15 of 17

There's a extension socket in the living room which works, the socket in my son's bedroom which doesn't work and there's also a socket in my room upstairs but I can't check it as it's behind the wardrobe. I've never used either upstairs sockets.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

it's quite probable that the upstairs sockets are connected in series so the cable from master goes to one socket which is then connected to second which is connected to third  so could be first socket is one behind wardrobe

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

You need to check the wiring in all of the sockets, I suspect one of the wires has become disconnected in one of them which means the sockets further along the daisy chain won't work. If the wires aren't fully pushed in to IDC slots it is quite common for one to pop out particularly when there are 2 wires in the slot.

0 Ratings