cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P3t4
Message 1 of 5

VERY LOUD CRACKLY PHONE!

I wonder if anyone can tell me why my phone should start crackling SO loudly that I am almost unable to hear the caller?

this has happend on and off over the years - we've done the usual troublshooting - checked cables, changed phones, bought new phones but after an absence of almost  a year, its back with a vengance!

My elderly and deaf parents cannot hear me over the noise!

any help would be most welcome, thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: VERY LOUD CRACKLY PHONE!

have you tried phone in test socket to eliminate anything in your internal wiring causing a problem?  if still same in tset socket then phone 151 and get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
P3t4
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for your reply

Yes done all the usual stuff.  Still dreadful.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

then contact 151 and report a phone fault to get engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Plug a know working, fault free phone (preferably corded  not cordless) directly into the master socket test port, dial 17070 and take the quiet line test, if any 'noise' , report the line as noisy to the landline provider.

0 Ratings