cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
propodkin
Message 1 of 5

Very disappointed

Yesterday afternoon I had my phone line switched back from sky to BT and also took up Bt infinity and all went well

The engineer left and all was working but I noticed someone working on the telephone pole across the road but by the time I noticed I had nothing working they had packed up and gone

its now 24 hours since this happened and if this is how BT operate then I might just cancel and go back to sky

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Very disappointed

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

Its possible one of the forum members may be able to help you if its a general enquiry.

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

How do you know the guy up the pole is the reaon your line doesn't work? When I did my training to be an Openreach Engineer one of the first things we are told is never assume the fault is up a pole just because the customer saw an engineer up a pole.

And if he did disconnect your service it would have been by mistake, Openreach don't send engineers out to disconnect lines up poles.

And also if he was the cause of the disconnection, which would have been done by mistake it would have happened no matter what service provider you were with because Openreach manage and maintain the network for all service providers including BT Retail and Sky.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Well, if I saw a bloke up my pole then found that my phone line was immediately knackered, I'd put two and two together and come up with the same answer as the OP. That's not to say it would have been intentional; Openreach engineers are not perfect, apart from those who contribute to these forums of course. Smiley Wink

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

From my side when a lot of customers put two and two together they usually end up with five. Went out on a repair last month, customer moaning to high heaven that an engineer she saw working in the cab the same day her line went off was the cause of the fault, turns out it was the fuse on the block in the exchange.

About 5/6 weeks prior to that a customer saw an engineer up a pole, added two and two together, called me out, I proved it was actually her extension phone at fault and ended up having to charge her SP for the call out, which they no doubt passed onto her.