cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Vulnerable parent fault

Hello,

I have an elderly (84) mother who is vulnerable at the moment at her landline is the only means of contact she has most days. It's started crackling this morning and now cannot make or receive calls. I cannot get through to the BT fault line at the moment. She lives a long way from me and there seems no way of restoring her BT phone contact.

Any ideas on how to make contact and have this fault reported? She desperately needs this landline to be in touch, especially in case she needs help.

I know there are few people to do many tasks, but I am obviously very concerned about a vulnerable mother with no landline, which she has always relied on.

PhilM

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Vulnerable parent fault

is your mother register here   https://btplc.com/Inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/Communicationchoices/FreePriorityFa...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for that, which I had not seen. No she does not fall into those eligibility categories. The problem at the moment is her underlying health issues (of which there a  range) which means she must stay indoors, allied to her increasing immobility

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi @PhilM64 welcome to the forum and I understand your concern. Is your mum's account set up for online access? If not it may be best to get this set up. You can then test the line and if there is a fault get it reported. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. It was not and I have done so, although had to link it to my details as she is not online. The test seems to come back with no problem (talks about a router, which she does not have). So does that narrow down where the problem is?

0 Ratings