cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 12

Re: Was this a scam or a BT account error.

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@SeanD 

One option is for BT to send "push" notification to mobile devices which are registered on MyBT, Google have adopted a similar method, to improve their two stage authentication process.

If an account holder then received a random SMS code, they would know it was not from BT, and could ignore it.

Thanks for the feedback @Keith_Beddoe I will feed this back to the guys looking into improvements.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 12

Re: Was this a scam or a BT account error.

@SeanD wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@SeanD 

One option is for BT to send "push" notification to mobile devices which are registered on MyBT, Google have adopted a similar method, to improve their two stage authentication process.

If an account holder then received a random SMS code, they would know it was not from BT, and could ignore it.

Thanks for the feedback @Keith_Beddoe I will feed this back to the guys looking into improvements.

Cheers

Sean

The advantage of "push" notifications is that they are targeted at the device ID and not the mobile number, so can only be received by the one which matches that ID. That device ID would have also to match one registered to the account holder.

I would expect that the development team were already looking at this option.

0 Ratings