cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Punkdad64
Message 1 of 4

Welfare Emergency Team

Hi. My mother is very frail and registered disabled. She is prone to falls and has an emergency bracelet which calls for help via the landline. Yesterday I found that she had no landline and as such the unit is disconnected putting her at high risk of injury without means of calling for help.
A line check said the fault was external and an engineer would come in 2 days.
Too long to wait so called Customer Help who told me that emergency welfare could speed things up and gave me their number.
"Emergency" office was closed at 19:30!
Called today - to India - who were of no help at all. Kept telling me to call my "service provider" who will call them. Asked why referring to BT in 3rd party sense if they were BT too?
Was told "You should not be calling us directly" despite repeating that BT C/Services TOLD me to! Explained Mum's dangerous situation and that all I was doing was trying to get a earlier call.
No change; simply droned-off same responses as before.
I asked if BT C/S wouldn't simply refer me back to her because that's what they did last night.
Response still "I must contact service provider...."
Meanwhile Mum is STILL at risk!
Shoddy, useless, incompetent & UNACCEPTABLE behaviour from all concerned at BT!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Welfare Emergency Team

Hi @Punkdad64,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum's experience. I'd like to offer you our help. We will look into everything for you and do our best to help.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Could you stay over at your mother's for the night?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Have you completed the free priority repair form. https://btplc.com/inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/index.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings