cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paperfree123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

What's the significance of BT requesting a minimum number of phone calls should be made per month?

Go to solution

Hi All,

As someone with a BT Infinity/free weekend calls only package, I'm obliged to make at least two calls each month (if my memory serves me correctly). Could someone explain the significance of this to me, please? I ask because I'm going to be away from home for about 2 months in the summer so I won't be here to make any calls! Thanks for any input.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: What's the significance of BT requesting a minimum number of phone calls should be made per mont

Go to solution

Hi there, you are right about 2 calls a month

If you have Privacy at home which includes caller display

1571 answering service

If you do not make the 2 calls a month. you will be charged.

£3 a month for caller display.

£1.02 a month for 1571

Hope this helps.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: What's the significance of BT requesting a minimum number of phone calls should be made per mont

Go to solution
It's just one of the stipulations. I guess it's so you don't just get the cheap package/line rental and use it only for broadband or something like that, they actually want you to use the land line too - calls generate money, and BT are a business at the end of the day.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Those calls can be from your free weekend allowance as well.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Yes toekneem I agree but the OP is going to be away from home for 2 months during the summer

Patty

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
I guess it's tough luck, pay the extra few quid or get someone to make a few calls when the come round to water the plants 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Easy fix here.

Get yourself a BT chargecard [which is free BTW]. Then you can make calls from any number which will debit on your BT home a/c even yough you are not physically there.

All my family have one. You can use any phone, but the call is debited to your home BT account.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
That's interesting AllanQ, it must be 20+ years ago I heard of the chargecard, I didn't think they still existed.

So if say you are on unlimited anytime plan and use the chargecard for a call it would come out of your free calls!!!
or not I suspect.
0 Ratings
Paperfree123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

This is in reply to Message No. 3 by Webby - No, that assumption is not correct. I only ever make landline calls at the weekend as they are 'free'. I never make any calls outside that period restriction on my landline and all my BT bills ever since I joined last May have been £18 per month which is the flat rate I pay for the broadband/free weekend calls package.

0 Ratings
Paperfree123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks AllanQ - that's a useful tip.
0 Ratings