cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roadrunner1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

What to do next?

We have had problems with our line for the last 4 months, ever since they started doing work at the end of our road putting in a new line to a large rest home, we have tried to tell them this but they say that is not possabe, but it all worked very well before the work started.

Our interneet as not worked or very slow, our phone as a murmer on it or you cant use it.

We have rang BT and chated on line to them vertualy on a daily basis, you have to go through the same questions every time, then passed to another person to go through the same questions and then put on hold and then the phone goes dead. When you do manage to get someone to do something you have an hard job to understand what they are saying so dont know what there doing.

They are taking money off me falsely as they are not providing the service they should be, what can i do?

My wife is disabled and can not contact doctors or hospital when she needs to on the land line that we are paying for, delivery people miss delivery slots as when they try to contact us and dont get through they think were out so dont drop off the parcel.

Perhaps if i cancel the direct debit they might get in touch.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: What to do next?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi @Roadrunner1 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems getting this sorted. I'm sure I can help you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 21

@Roadrunner1, there is no need to be incommunicado.

You can ask BT to camp all your incoming calls onto your mobile phone, so you won't miss anything!

I know this works because that's what BT did for me when our phone line (55 years old & underground) went crook. When your line's back up and running again, this can be corrected and all will be well.

And if you need to ring out, use your mobile. I hope you get this fixed soon, no further problems.

0 Ratings
Roadrunner1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Sorry I have not got back sooner but connection come and goes, have just emailed moderater my details.

Right lets update the last 10 days, constaint buzz on line BT says everthing is ok, so we make an offical compalint. BT says we now need an engeer ( at a cost to us) to visit as the problem is inside our property, we agree to have a visit this friday, then someone (whom I have a hard job to understand) rings my mobile and  tells me that openreach knows that they have a problem on the line and can fix it without a visit. I ring the complaints department to see if this is right and they say it is, then we get another call from BT saying that the engeneers visit should not have been cancelled and they are still sending him out. last night we get another call from BT saying that the engeneer is going to check our line to the neerast box and he may not need to visit us.

Just had a text saying that it should all be sorted by end of play on the 16th, we wait and see.

Oh forgot BT offerd us £14 in compensation for the last 4 months of taking £60+ per month out of our acount and giving us no service.

0 Ratings
Roadrunner1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Internet is very slow takes 8 min for a page to load, but BT as said its all fixed now although we have not seen an engineer in the lane or on our property all day, line still as a buzz.

We had to phone BT at 7pm to ask what was going on, they said its all fixed now but we need to pay for an engineer to come in side to check our appliances, what a joke.

We live in Devon about 2 miles from a village and my wife is disabled so we need a land line and a internet connection that we can relie on.

Going to see our MP on monday to see what he says.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

the charges you refer to are made by Openreach and BT Retail get the charges made to them all B T Retail your provider pass them to you this the same with any other provider the charge is only made if a fault is found on your internal wiring or equipment connected to the extensions I suggest you try connecting to the test socket and see if the problem is still there if it is then the engineer visit is non chargeable
0 Ratings
Roadrunner1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

@john46 wrote:
the charges you refer to are made by Openreach and BT Retail get the charges made to them all B T Retail your provider pass them to you this the same with any other provider the charge is only made if a fault is found on your internal wiring or equipment connected to the extensions I suggest you try connecting to the test socket and see if the problem is still there if it is then the engineer visit is non chargeable

We have had 4 tech guys up to now, all was ok over the weekend and when we were contacted by bt this morning the line and Internet was great, then it all stopped working, as soon as the rain stopped it started to work again.

i have tried every number we have to ring bt and a little girl in India says she can help (bless her), they say contact us by internet but when it rains we don't have any.

i just don't know what to do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Please contact @DavidM as requested.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Hi @Roadrunner1 Sorry that your still experiencing a problem with your broadband connection after we thought we had got this fixed. 

We will be happy to help you again with this fault if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings