cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardtheboffin
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Who is responsible for keeping trees out of overhead phone lines?

We have had two line faults caused by trees. The trees belong to the Council, they are not on our property.

Openreach say the Council have to do it, the Council say Openreach do it....

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Who is responsible for keeping trees out of overhead phone lines?

I would say if the council own the trees, and they are damaging Openreach line plant, then the council would have to arrange to cut them back.

I am sure you will get other views on this.

0 Ratings
Studon
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Years ago when I worked for BT (PO Telephones) if trees required cutting away from overhead wires, we would seek permission from the owner and then trim them back ! using a Simons Hoist platform vehicle.

Studon 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I would say if the council own the trees, and they are damaging Openreach line plant, then the council would have to arrange to cut them back.

But the council didn't ask Openreach to run wires through their trees.  It would be unreasonable for Openreach to run a cable through the branches of someone's tree, then insist that the person prunes the tree at their own expense.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Ectophile wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

But the council didn't ask Openreach to run wires through their trees.  It would be unreasonable for Openreach to run a cable through the branches of someone's tree, then insist that the person prunes the tree at their own expense.

Trees do grow Ectophile 🙂

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@Ectophile wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Ahh !! but what came first. The 46Animated Chickenchicken 16.jpgor the avatar382226_6.gif.jpg

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings