Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Who owns the Master Socket??

Go to solution
Wow. Thanks for the responses.

I have reported to 151. Engineer coming Tuesday.

The black cable is the incoming line. Installed new 5-6 years ago when the old line failed. The white cable is either the old incoming line or the line that goes off to the extensions. The extensions were disconnected inside the box by the open reach engineer with FTTC Infinity was Installed. I have subsequently confined the extensions are not working. And have been like that for 2 or more years.

Thank you every for you help.
0 Ratings
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Ridiculous......

Engineer turned up. Fault is outside the property but he was a OpenReach engineer and determined the issue is outside the property but on the phone line. Therefore a job would be raised to send out a BT phone engineer today.

I have an email from BT stating my Broadband should now be fixed, so i have called up to confirm the second engineer. Girl on the other side of the world starts going through all the "we have to do this test and that test" I stuggle to explain that i have been through the tests and an engineer has already been out. I'm just wanting to confirm another engineer will be out. Unfortunately she sticks to her scripts. I repeat what i require and suddenly she informs me there is an engineer working on it right now. Can't tell me where they are working or what their name is...... Ended the call.

Second call - phone disconnects whilst waiting for the girl to get my details.

Third call - can see the first engineers notes and confirms that someone will be working on it (probably at the cabinet) later today......

Why do the call centres lie?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
‘Engineer turned up. Fault is outside the property but he was a OpenReach engineer and determined the issue is outside the property but on the phone line. Therefore a job would be raised to send out a BT phone engineer today.’

A BT Phone Engineer? No such thing. The Openreach Engineer should’ve been able to fix a phone line fault, that’s their job.
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Well i don't know. Explanation was very brief....

Anyway finally fixed....

0 Ratings